Export to cointracking.info

who can program and export from bisq so we can keep track of every purchase to my https://cointracking.info account???

So you want to export your trades to this site? When the Trading API is released, it will be possible to quite easily develop something for this.
I see that CSV file import is supported, the API returns its results in JSON so that just has to be transformed to CSV (and maybe filtered if necessary).

In short: it will be possible soon, if someone is interested in developing this let us know in this thread, I can help them further once the API is out.

Export of trade history to csv is in place already

Ah good to know :). Where can this be found? Account tab?

Portfolio/History

I’m looking to track my profit/loss trading and would like to know if there is there a way to configure what data gets exported to a csv file?

When I export my history to csv I get the following data in the csv file:

• Trade ID
  • Date/time
  • Amount in BTC
  • Price
  • Amount
    -Offer Type
    -Status

This doesn’t provide any info on fees (cost to trade). I’d like to get some data that is included in the contract such as the mining fee, and security deposit.

Any suggestions that I can pursue to access this info in my trade tracking system?

I don’t think there are any options to configure exporting unfortunately.
Might be something to create an issue about on GitHub as a feature request.

I just added a feature request on GitHub.

Thanks.

1 Like

@dougbebber how did you end up going about this? I would also like to export to cointracking. Creating a custom importer on cointracking.info should be doable (if you have a template for that, maybe you could share it?).

But my main problem is with the BSQ fees. Cointracking does not recognise BSQ, so it does not know what FIAT value to assign to the trade fees. I’m thinking one way could be to convert BSQ to FIAT in the CSV before importing it into cointracking. However, where can I find historical FIAT values (or at least historical BTC values) for BSQ?

Where can I find historical FIAT values (or at least historical BTC values) for BSQ?

DAO > Facts & Figures > Dashboard

Thanks for the response. But from what I can see, this source cannot be queried in any way outside the Bisq app?

For cointracking.info to be able to use this data, they must be able to publicly poll historical values somehow. This would be the only solution for Bisq CSVs to be directly importable into cointracking - from what I understand it’s a requirement for them to add Bisq to their list of CSV sources that are supported out of the box. All Bisq users who also use cointracking would profit from this.

Alternatively, I could do a manual intermediate step and convert BSQ to FIAT in Excel or Libreoffice Calc. Is there a way to pull historical BSQ values into Excel/Calc?

I am not aware of anything that pulls the data from Bisq for users info.

Bisq is OS though so any company could develop something that did this if it was possible.

They would also have to have a Bisq instance running 24/7 including maintenance, etc. That’s unfortunately not going to happen.

But let me ask differently. I saw here and here in the Bisq wiki that 1 BSQ equals 100 BTC-Satoshi. Is that how it started out and has in the meantime evolved away from this ratio or is this still the case somehow and I am failing to see it?

BSQ is colored bitcoin: Colored Coins - Wikipedia

1 BSQ is 100 sats from on on chain perspective: Bisq DAO technical specification

The value of BSQ does change though. Currently it is trading at about 3,000 sats but has been both higher and lower. It is pretty volatile so it would not be possible to attach a fixed price to it.

Ah I understand. Thanks for all the explanations. Not sure how I’ll do it now though. :frowning:

But my main problem is with the BSQ fees. Cointracking does not recognise BSQ, so it does not know what FIAT value to assign to the trade fees. I’m thinking one way could be to convert BSQ to FIAT in the CSV before importing it into cointracking. However, where can I find historical FIAT values (or at least historical BTC values) for BSQ?

It would be possible to do manually.

Export your trade history for the period in question to CSV.

From this you can see:

Total fiat paid for period for BTC
Total BTC bought for period
Total fees paid in BSQ
Total miner fees Paid

Total fiat paid for period for BTC / Total BTC bought for period = Average price paid for BTC in USD
Total fees paid in BSQ x average price in BSQ for period*

Total miner fees Paid x average price paid for BTC = miner fees

(Average price paid for BTC in USD x amount of BTC bought) - total miner fees in USD - total BSQ fees in USD = BTC purchased is USD amount after fees

This can be found in DAO > Facts and figures, you just need to select BS/USD and move the sliders to what you desire

I have never used coin tracking but I have used Bisq to work out my profit / loss for the year and it is pretty straightforward using a spreadsheet

I somehow missed your message at the time. But now that I’m back to the topic, I saw it, so thank you for this input!

I have made good progress in Cointracking and am hoping to get it sorted soon. That would allow for things to work everything out automatically from the Bisq CSV exports.

There is, however, one issue I noticed, which looks like a bug to me: Funds > Transactions does not list transactions of funds I have sent out of Bisq using Funds > Send Funds. The transactions.csv export also does not list them.

Is this indeed a bug? Am I doing things wrong? Is there another way to find those missing transactions?