How to verify Monero receipt

Hi,

I bought some Monero and I’d like to know how can I verify receipt or pinpoint the transaction on something like moneroexplorer.com or xmrchain.net.

However, Bisq only provides me with the sender’s address, a Maker fee transaction ID, a Taker fee transaction ID and a Deposit transaction ID.

From what I understood, I require the transaction hash in order to verify the transaction.
The problem is that none of the above mentioned id’s work with the viewkey and the public address that I have.

Can anybody please tell me how do I get a hold of this transaction hash from Bisq? Or how do I confirm the balance/transaction without this information?

Usually people would just check in their Monero wallets, they do these things automatically.

I don’t know too much about how Monero works, but I know that you can’t check balance with block explorers. You need to have some special key that Bisq doesn’t have for privacy reasons.

You will probably just need to check your Monero client where you created your Monero address that you used in Bisq.

So the only way to verify receipt of a Monero transaction on Bisq is to verify all of the blockchain locally and search for my transaction there.

My Monero address was generated through a javascript program that ran locally. It’s a paper address. If I had the transaction hash, I could use my public address and the view key (both of which I have) to verify that the right amount was transferred. That verification would have been made quickly through another javascript that ran locally.

Without it, you’re saying that I’m stuck running the blockchain synchronisation routine for hours until I get confirmation.

Yeah, that seems to be the case.

Bisq doesn’t usually add any fields that aren’t necessary for safe and private trading.

If you think this would be a good feature, you could make a proposal for it. You can read more about proposals in Bisq at
https://docs.bisq.network/proposals.html

Dont have to download the whole blockchain. If you have your seed, you can set up a monero client to use a remote node.
Post here for monero help
reddit.com/r/monerosupport

Yeah, that’s what I ended up doing because after processing a series of blocks, it got stuck at 75% and I think I would have had to start again. But the thing about Monero and Bisq is that they’re supposed to be lightweight. You don’t need the whole blockchain to send and receive BTC and the fact that you can verify a transaction with a public key, a spend key and a transaction hash, makes Monero very convenient in this regard.

Using a remote node for Monero validation is supposed to be the less safe option (and completely unnecessary if the transaction hash would have been provided).

And to answer @alexej996 's reply, I am not as familiar with Monero to say that something should be done, therefore requesting it in the proposal section of Bisq. I’m just asking if there’s a good reason tx hashes aren’t provided in the current implementation. That’s the only thing I feel qualified for and from everywhere I researched, I incline to believe there isn’t one…

1 Like

What he said 4 years ago.
Is there a good reason TX ID or hashes aren’t provided? I need to search for a specific lost tx and without the ID that obviously isn’t possible.

Try searching on your logs for XmrTransferProofRequest-TRADEID, or the address that your funds were sent to.