Payment Method Choice

I am new to BISQ and would like to participate, but I am having a very difficult time trying to figure out which payment method to provide. I’ve read about “Cash Deposit” announced Aug 2016 and I’ve read about ClearXchange, but if I read correctly, they all seem to have problems. I would hope by now that there is some consensus as to what works best for U. S. citizens.

I have a checking account at Wells Fargo here in the U.S. but I am not tied to that bank. Can you provide me with my best option or options.

Thank you,
Andy

Hi Andy,

At this point, ClearXchange (now called Zelle) is the best option for folks in the US. We did have one chargeback earlier this year, but that has been an isolated incident. If you look through the trading history for USD in the Bisq UI, you’ll see that the vast majority of trades happen via Zelle, while a far smaller number happen via Chase QuickPay, Cash Deposit, and occasionally via US Postal Money Order.

The other thing to keep in mind with Zelle is that they have a $2000 per day outgoing transfer limit. Depending on the price of BTC and the amount being traded, this can mean that two or more Zelle transfers are required to complete the transaction. This has not been a problem for most folks, but can come as a surprise if you’re not prepared for it.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Actually, the daily limit is fixed by each user’s bank.