Centralized Digital Coin Exchanges

@Emzy Thanks for clearification!

Btw Bisq does not use exit nodes for the P2P network as it is all hidden service. Just the non-onion bitcoin nodes get connected over exit nodes.

Yes. I thought people buy/sell through the website.
I use bittrex and use their website to buy/sell.
May be my understanding of bittrex is wrong as well. I haven’t packet analyzed the traffic for bittrex.
By the way, do you think all the exchages work like BISQ. Then it is good news.

No most other Exchanges are just normal websites like Bittrex, Bitfinex, Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinbase…
Even if they using CDNs or anycast they need to have a central trading matching engine. So they are by design central.
But there are not one Exchange there are may so they are in some way decentralized as a whole.
Best Emzy

Thanks Emzy,

This is a good conversation for me. We are a Japanese ISP having network extension from Tokyo, Okinawa to Hong Kong. US and Europe as well soon.
Is there any reward by hosting a Tor Node or it a voluntary work done by the community. If there are rewards we are more than happy to host couple of Tor in geographically diverse locations.

We are a Japanese ISP having network extension from Tokyo, Okinawa to Hong Kong. US and Europe as well soon.
Is there any reward by hosting a Tor Node or it a voluntary work done by the community. If there are rewards we are more than happy to host couple of Tor in geographically diverse locations.