Edit: Bounty has been paid.
The previous bounty for getting bitsquare to run on raspberry was pretty successful and got bitsquare to compile, install and run on raspberry pi. Unfortunately it runs too slow, and the bounty did not include any requirement for that.
This bounty is to improve the performance so that bitsquare will run smoothly on raspberry pi.
As I am the bounty creator I’ll be testing the scripts on my Raspberry Pi 2 Model B. So that’s the model it needs to work on.
The bounty requirements:
- Making a script that compiles and installs (and updates) bitsquare on rpi2b (with Rasbian Jessie 4.x as OS) successfully with all dependencies and prerequisites included. (This is already done in the previous bounty, grab the script(s) needed from that topic and build on that… or create your own if you want)
- Bitsquare needs to run smoothly, which means it needs to be fully usable and functional and the GUI should respond quickly. Since “quickly” may be a bit diffuse, let’s make it a requirement that the GUI updates/redraws should not take longer than 3 seconds. So if I click for example “portfolio”, it should appear within 3 seconds.
- Maybe this bounty will require some optimization of the bitsquare code itself to get it working, if so, include that patch in the install script and submit a pull request.
- The launch time should be reasonable, and syncing should not take more than 24 hours.
- The code should be open source and free so that it can be enjoyed by the entire community
Bounty BTC address is:
I can also pay the bounty as Monero if preferred.
Anyone can contribute to the bounty by sending BTC to the address above or reply that they want to pledge an amount (and pay after bounty is fulfilled). The address is secure in my cold storage.
I have transferred 1 BTC to the address. So that is the current bounty, keep an eye on the address or the topic for new contributions.
Since we don’t know if this bounty can be accomplished or not there will be an expiration date for the bounty. If the bounty is not claimed by July 1st 2017 all funds will be returned to the identified donators or forwarded to bitsquare, or upon my discretion with input from other donators the expiration date will be extended.