"Add" new computer

Is it possible to “add” a new computer in a way that I keep my transactions, payment accounts etc. (also don’t have to wait for X days because of the time-bound trading limits)?
Thank you in advance!

I don’t believe so. The way I do it is to run the app only on 1 computer at a time, and sync the data from the data folder between them periodically. When you want to switch to the other computer, shut it down on the other one, and make sure the data is up to date first.

1 Like

Which exact folder did you sync / copy? I essentially still have the old one but I use a new computer as my main machine

If you are on windows, the default location for the data is %APPDATA%/Bisq

1 Like

If you open the app you can go to Account > Backup > Application Data Directory > Open Directory, and it will open the folder where the data is stored.

1 Like

Data directories are at:

• Mac OSX: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Bisq
  • Linux: /home/username/.local/share/Bisq
  • Windows 7,8,10: C:\Documents and Settings\username\AppData\Roaming\Bisq
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Bisq
2 Likes

If I copy that, will it also copy the wallet, the transactions and the FIAT accounts?

Yes, it will copy absolutely everything. The apps will be identical on those two machines.
You just shouldn’t run them both. Either run the first one or the new one, otherwise they might go out of sync and start creating some issues.

1 Like

That’s perfect, exactly what I was looking for - thank you very much Alexej!

1 Like

If you move back to the other computer you need to copy over again, otherwise things get out of sync and messed up…

I know, I know - that’s not an issue for me! As I said, this is my new main machine, so I’ll just delete the App from the other one or just don’t use it :slight_smile: