Dear lucky Bisquits,
nothing is going well with Bisq for me. I have a very bad experience. I’m fairly disgruntled.
Using Bisq 1.6.2
I’m the unfortunate MacOS Mojave user of Bisq. I’m a starter with Bisq. I encountered quite a few bugs. It’s indeed a bad start for me.
I took 2 transactions:
For the first transaction: this time, I had an issue with my bank. Yes, with French bank, it’s very complicated to make a wire SEPA Intl transfer. Especially, when we do not have a smartphone, which would be required by the bank to approve Intl transactions. The smartphone is used as a 2nd factor. For privacy reasons, I refuse to use a smartphone. So, shorting the story, I had to cancel the ongoing trade, because I did not know that I had to have a smartphone to approve Intl transactions with my French bank. I don’t really appreciated the fact Bisq will punish me because I have been ignorant of that aspect. FYI, no smartphone required to send domestic/national money with this bank. That’s why I took later a new transaction (buy BTC) with a French national, this time.
For the second one, I’ve been asked to open support while in the midst of a trade (after re-opening Bisq later). In other words, for no reason, at the opening of Bisq, I had many pop-ups to click on asking me to take a decision. I did not know what was going on. I clicked OK here, cancel button there. In short, I panicked. In the end, while the trade was going very well, the trade suddenly interruped, because I accidently ask for a mediator. Damn it! It will take even longer.
Furthermore, my first two trades with Bisq, each facing a fine when meeting with a mediator.
I’m wandering whether I’m going to use Bisq in the future. Because, the prospect of being punished (loosing a part of locked funds) due to a banking issue, really puts me off. Especially, when I really want to act honestly in the Bisq platform.
Now, I’m facing with some bug.
What bug? What error? Unfortunately, it was simple this time. I just need to close the CLOSE button.
Finally, attempted to update to 1.6.5, but did not do it, because there’s signature mismatch for the JAR file. You will understand that I will not upgrade to 1.6.5 until this thing is not sorted out.
Finally again, when launching Bisq, I can no longer connect. It keeps trying connecting to Bitcoin network. So, I’m in total despair and stressed!
So, how am I going to talk with the mediators?
A disaster experience for me with Bisq!
What can I say about my poor experience:
- I attempted to act honestly and yet I will be punished financially due to a banking issue. Even though we do not act in a rogue way, we can be punished.
- Will I be punished if I call accidently a mediator?
- Bug (sudden opening of windows at Bisq start) leading me to ask accidently for a mediator even though I did not ask for it. There shouldn’t be any such pop-up window at Bisq start as I have not asked for them. I just wanted to re-open Bisq to view the state of the trade workflow. I never asked for support with regard to a successful trade workflow.
- The fact that I’m gonna lose part of my locked funds for both trades.
- It’s a pity we need a mediator to cancel a trade. There should be a mean to close the trade if the payment has not been made yet.
I do not agree to lose part of my locked BTC funds to buy BTC! I acted in a honnest way. This is a terrifying experience. I came on Bisq to buy BTC and the result is I’m going to lose some. Thats kinda strange experience.
Using Bisq with a potential stick to punish me is unbearable.