Bisq as a model for other decentralized networks?

Hello everyone,

I’ve been using Bisq for a while, and I absolutely love it. I have been studying the documentation, youtubes, etc. to learn as much as I can about the Bisq network.

To me, the Bisq model of development and starting/operating a DAO would be an ideal model for other decentralized networks that could be built. I’m thinking of decentralized, censorship-resistant, and open source replacements for apps like AirBNB and Uber, though there are countless types of products/services that could be reimagined in this way.

Is anyone else thinking about replicating the Bisq network model for other apps? I am very grateful for any pointers or advice you can offer. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @northben welcome to Bisq. Glad you are enjoying learning about an using Bisq. It is a great platform.

I agree the Bisq DAO model would be good to apply to other decentralized services.

There are a number of crypto projects that are operating as DAO’s. Most in my opinion are not yet as dementalized but it does take a lot of work to get there.

I am not aware of any DAO’s outside crypto. Uber / Airbnb would be great. I think one of the issues will be the convenience factor. Being so heavily backed big companies to make slick apps / website and throw a lot of resources towards the projects. Also crypto fits in well with the anonymous aspect of the DAO, not sure how people would feel about having completely random people in their house or being picked up by random people that may or may not have a driving license.

The anonymous aspect does fit in well for exchanges. Maybe more things can be bought / sold through a DAO in the future.