Bisq cannot connect to Bitcoin Node on Version 0.19

Since I upgraded my bitcoin node to version 0.19.0.1, Bisq does not connect to the node anymore:

Nov.-25 11:04:17.813 [PeerGroup Thread] INFO o.b.c.PeerGroup: Attempting connection to [10.x.y.z]:8333 (0 connected, 1 pending, 1 max)
Nov.-25 11:04:17.817 [NioClientManager] INFO o.b.n.NioClientManager: Connected to /10.x.y.z:8333
Nov.-25 11:04:17.818 [NioClientManager] INFO o.b.core.Peer: Announcing to /10.x.y.z:8333 as: /bitcoinj:0.14.7.bisq.1-SNAPSHOT/Bisq:1.2.3/
Nov.-25 11:04:17.818 [NioClientManager] INFO o.b.c.PeerGroup: [10.x.y.z]:8333: Peer died (0 connected, 0 pending, 1 max)
Nov.-25 11:04:17.824 [PeerGroup Thread] INFO o.b.c.PeerGroup: Peer discovery took 5.099 μs and returned 0 items

the bitcoin node is running and accepting connections from other clients/nodes

Edit: There seems to be a breaking change in v 0.19:

To eliminate well-known denial-of-service vectors in Bitcoin Core, especially for nodes with spinning disks, the default value for the -peerbloomfilters configuration option has been changed to false. This prevents Bitcoin Core from sending the BIP111 NODE_BLOOM service flag, accepting BIP37 bloom filters, or serving merkle blocks or transactions matching a bloom filter. Users who still want to provide bloom filter support may either set the configuration option to true to re-enable both BIP111 and BIP37 support or enable just BIP37 support for specific peers using the updated -whitelist and -whitebind configuration options described elsewhere in these release notes. For the near future, lightweight clients using public BIP111/BIP37 nodes should still be able to connect to older versions of Bitcoin Core and nodes that have manually enabled BIP37 support, but developers of such software should consider migrating to either using specific BIP37 nodes or an alternative transaction filtering system. (#16152)

Workaround:
Connect to an older bitcoin core node, or to one which has either peerbloomfilter=1 set or whitebind/whitelist with permission “bloomfilter” for your network.

is now tracked here:

As you found, a change in configuration is necessary to the node for SPV wallets to function. So you might want to close the issue in the bitcoin repo since it isn’t really an issue.

I don’t know if thats the right approach, as the majority of nodes will sooner or later have no peerbloomfilters active. At least this needs to be officially documented, especially for people like me, running their own nodes.

And Bitcoincore explicitly wrote “developers of such software [like Bisq] should consider migrating to either using specific BIP37 nodes or an alternative transaction filtering system.”

This issue is already confirmed for 2.x release of Bisq.

I agree we need to document the necessary configuration for users that want to run their own full node. I have created a task: https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq-docs/issues/181

Yes, Bisq may need to find an alternative solution potentially before V2. But my point is there is nothing for bitcoin core to do, so no need to open an issue there.