Communication about DAO proposals and outcomes has not been great so far, so we’re improving that.
Cycle 5 is in progress right now. This thread has the following purposes:
- encourage the community to make last-minute proposals if desired (e.g., compensation)
- cover outstanding proposals
- alert the start of voting cycle phases
- review results when available
- announce the re-opening of the proposal phase for Cycle 6
The schedule for Cycle 5 voting is as follows:
- proposal phase ends at block 595 066 (just a few hours from the time of this post)
- voting takes place between blocks 594 217 and 594 666
- vote reveal takes place between blocks 594 677 and 595 126
- vote results are known shortly afterward, and next proposal phase opens
Each of these phases will be announced as new comments in this thread. Follow this thread so you don’t miss the announcements.
Generally, proposals should be thoroughly-considered and thoughtfully written, and (ideally) informally discussed with the community beforehand to gauge general opinion (see guidelines here). Therefore it probably wouldn’t be a good idea to make a brand-new proposal now (it would, however, be a good time to plan, discuss, and draft a proposal for the upcoming voting round).
Exception: compensation. If you’ve done work for the Bisq network in this cycle, feel free to post a compensation request. Click here for instructions on how to do that.
Aside from compensation requests, which are documented here, these are the proposals up for vote:
Proposals for bonded roles
- Improving Bisq testing frameworks (link)
- Start using average BSQ price (instead of 1 USD convention) (link)
- Establish new roles for analytics (link)
- BTC donation address (link)
Please read through the proposals for more information.