Bisq does not start

Installed the latest version of the program, 64 bits, like my system. But after starting nothing happens, a couple of times reinstalled, did not help.

Please, give a bit more informations.
What is your OS ?

Windows 10 Pro x64

Do you have an AV (AntiVirus) running ?
a firewall ?
Under windows there may be issues with some AV.

Everything is disabled. I do not know what the problem is, maybe need any dependencies to work?

Is it your own personal computer ? your own personal connection ?
There is a tool on windows which shows the running processes.

Did you download an executable, or are you building from sources ?

If you can have a look at your windows logfiles, they may contain info about why of this situation.

I’m myself on Debian/Linux, so sorry but my rememberings about windows are quite far.

Yes, this is my personal computer. Stationary. I used the installer to install (I apologize for the tautology). When you start the program, the process appears in the taskbar and immediately disappears.

:frowning: Help…

You can look at your data directory that is at C:\Documents and Settings\username\AppData\Roaming\Bisq . Here are all the files that Bisq uses.

You can look at the bisq.log file for any errors or warnings at the end.

If you have your seed words or made a backup, you don’t need to worry about any coins you might have had in your Bisq wallet. You can always rename Bisq’s data directory and start from scratch.

This is my first POST and will like assistance getting BISQ client to start please.

I just downloaded Bisq 1.6.2.exe from the Bisq website and installed on Windows 8.1 Pro. The installed when fine, took the default directory and there were no error messages reported.

I run Bitdefender AV but that had no complains. Double checked in quarantine to make sure Bitdefender was not blocked, anything. I took down the bitdefender and rebooted the machine with the AV off, still the Bisq Client will not start.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I checked in Users/AppData/Local and all directories in BISQ and saw no .log file in there.

Tnx.
a340

HI, this is what I found from release notes:

Windows:

There is a known issue with Anti Virus software. We got several reports from users running into different problems. Either the AV software blocks Bisq or Tor, delete files in the data directory [2] or app directory [1]) or cause such a long delay at startup that Tor gets terminated and a file remains locked which can cause that Bisq cannot be started afterwards. To resolve that you need to restart Windows then the lock get released. We are working on solutions to fix those issues.

If you use Crypto currencies on your Windows system be aware that Windows is much more vulnerable to malware than Linux or OSX. Consider to use a dedicated non-Windows system when dealing with cryptocurrencies.

[1] Application directory (contains application installation files):
C:\Users\AppData\Local\Bisq

[2] Data directory (contains all Bisq data including wallet):
C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Bisq\btc_mainnet\tor (you can delete everything except the hiddenservice directory)

If this doesn’t help (it looks like you might already have read it), you should get to Keybase for further assistance and share logs.