Bisq grays out, unusable

Hello!

So, since the very beginning I’ve had issues with using bitsquare/bisq on Linux, from extremely slow UI response, to the app graying out and staying like that (needing to be killed from the console), to buttons not being clickable and hanging the UI completely …

But killing the process, starting over, eventually always worked.

Well, not anymore with 0.5.x, it seems.

I’ve gone through this cycle while attempting to place a sell order for BTC about 15 times in a row now, after clicking the button “Review: Place offer to sell bitcoin” the app does the typical graying out thing, and no popup ever comes up.

The console spits the following messages:

Jul 18, 2017 1:01:58 PM javafx.scene.PerspectiveCamera
WARNING: System can’t support ConditionalFeature.SCENE3D
Jul 18, 2017 1:01:59 PM javafx.scene.Scene$7 invalidated
WARNING: System can’t support ConditionalFeature.SCENE3D

And nothing more happens.

Perhaps worth mentioning that this is a virtualized debian 8 VM without 3D graphics support.

Yes seems your graphic system has problems with JavaFX.

Well, yes, but even with the inconsistent user experience, it was usable with the previous version.

Has anything changed majorly in this aspect with 0.5.x? I don’t remember having upgraded any java-related software, altough it’s entirely possible.

And more importantly, do you know of any workarounds ?

We always use the latest java version so yes that has changed and it might be that the java jre had some changes regarding graphics support (though I am not aware of).
You can try to run from source code (see git source /doc/build.md) and if you have issues with latest jdk u can try an older jdk (min java 8).