Bisq Splash Screen UI

Hi there ,

Am completely new to this platform i just downloaded the Bisq software and am stuck on the shows Tor connections , am stuck and cant familiarize my self with the program how to exchange coins. Any help rendered much appreciate.

Thanks

Please try to restart, sometimes the Tor connections takes very long or fails. usually it takes about 30-60 sec.

1 Like

Thanks the quick feed . i have tried it 20 Times but still showing the same prompt . please see the attached.

Try clicking that button that says “Delete outdated Tor files and shut down”.
If that doesn’t work, try downloading the Tor browser https://www.torproject.org/
and if it experiences the same problem your ISP or your firewall might be blocking Tor connections in which case you will need to setup Tor bridges.

I have downloaded the latest Tor browser 7.5 after uninstalling the old tor browser and changed the ISP to a a different but it still not working at all . when i start the Bisq program.

But Tor browser works?
Then it might Bisq related, did you try restarting your computer?

i have restarted the Pc and reconnected back but all the same the Bisq program is not working still showing the prompt Tor Connection. Tor is working very well and fast . Am stuck from that Point.

I am not sure on what is the issue. If you didn’t deposit any funds into Bisq, you might simply want to delete the data directory and start again with Bisq, just like it is installed for the first time.
I am not sure that this will help with the issue, but you can try.

Check your firewall and make sure it is not blocking Bisq from connecting to the Internet.
If the issue still persists, you might want to send Manfred a PM with your log file to investigate the issue. Log file can be found in the data directory.

You can find the data directory under:

• Mac OSX: /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Bisq
  • Linux: /home/username/.local/share/Bisq
  • Windows 7,8,10: C:\Documents and Settings\username\AppData\Roaming\Bisq
  • Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Bisq

Sometimes a tor file gets locked by Windows but after a restart that should be ok. You can try to delete the Tor directory EXCEPT the “hiddenservice” folder. Make a backup first just in case.

No need to use bridges if you are not living an a country where Tor is blocked or your ISP is blocking Tor. But if Tor browser works that should not be the case.

Hi there i have deleted the Tor Directory and restarted the Pc but its not working at all . Do you recommend to uninstall and reinstall the Bisq program ?

Tor is working very well after restarting the Pc but when i fire up the Bisq program it still shows the Tor prompt.

I assume you never used Bisq so you dont have funds there. If so you can uninstall it and re-install. Do you have AV software? Some make problems and remove Tor files…

I have never used it before Bisq and have no funds on the platform. I Do use Eset AV but i blocked it then started the program but couldn’t work as it still fires up the Tor Prompt dialog box