This release adds an impotant security meassurement to protect against the bank chargeback scammer. With this in place we can remove the banning of certain SEPA regions and Interac scheduled for the 5th of May.
The new restrictions are as follows:
If a fiat payment account was created after March 15th 2019 it is considered risky and limited to 0.01 BTC trades if the account holder is the BTC buyer. For the seller there is no restriction. The restriction is applied to all payment methods based on bank transfers which carry some chargeback risk (Sepa, Sepa Instant, Interact, Zelle, Revolut, National bank transfers, Chase Quick Pay, Popmoney, Moneybeam, Uphold).
On May 5th we will block old accounts from trading to enable us to unblock the banned SEPA regions and Interac. So please update as soon as possible!
This solution is an intermediary step on the way to a more sophisticated protection solution (see proposals) but those will require more time to get implemented.
Beside that there are some other important fixes:
- Fix account age display in peer avatar
- Decrease the security deposit amount for altcoins
- Improve BSQ block propagation
- Add search field to trade history
- Request blocks in case we have not received it
- Add node address and capabilities to prevent timeout
- Fix issues with DAO full mode in preferences
- Count cycles correctly
- Add UTF8 for getBytes calls
- Use existing styling for developer alert message
- Use same precision for all x-axis labels
- Add check for account age to apply restrictions
- Improve ignore list
- Improve handling of editing of offers with invalid security deposit
- Use different security deposit for fiat-crypto and crypto-crypto trades
- Add filter to trade history
- Fix account age display of peer
- Don’t disable confirm buttons
- Remove BSQ filter for crypto currencies
- Reflect pricenode operator change in ProvidersRepository
- Update mobile notification relay node DEV_URL IP address
Added two new asset: List Trust Eth reOrigin (TEO) and ParsiCoin (PARS)