Bisq>=v1.5.5 empty field for reason of payment in bank transfers

Hi,

I checked out the master git branch, compiled & started it and was welcome with this information:

saying, the field for reason of payment in bank transfers should be empty in future. Is there a any date this will be applied? I wonder If two peers have version v1.5.5 and v1.5.4 but do trade what will happen. Or one would be missing the tradeid from payments?

In my opinion, there is PRO:

• increased privacy.
  • less oblivious you trade on bisq for bank account statement.

Contra:

• could open some type of scam,
  • where you as seller have less way to verify the payment come from trade partners own bank account…

By quick search couldn’t find more information regarding this. So if you have please link to. :slight_smile:

https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq/pull/5080#discussion_r557970830

1 Like

This change has been announced on twitter

https://twitter.com/bisq_network/status/1354110098486874112

It will be in effect as soon as version 1.5.5 will be released.

1 Like

Here is some background info:

1 Like

> “You are free to discuss via trader chat if an alternate “reason for payment” would be suitable to you both.”

I see the Subject does not match the tradeID. the reason of payment is just called empty?

Bisq’s latest official directions dictated that nothing more should be written in the payment description. I did not understand: so the payment has not arrived?

Yes, I read the changes too. I just thought, it applies to bank wire transfer payments only. I’m not sure if “blank payment reason” rule now includes moneybeam and/or revolut payments?

I don’t think for MoneyBeam / Revolut it is any different… I think leaving the field blank causes even less suspicion for the bank, but I don’t know.

Not clear for everyone now what all applies the rule changes to?

Rule changes apply to everything currently. See end of github #2869 above regarding “I think leaving the field blank causes even less suspicion for the bank, but I don’t know.” = most likely yes.

There was point of contention/issue raised by a seller of SEPA. I said to make a github request etc. if that was the case etc. don’t think one has.

2 Likes