Bitsquare bounty: 0.5 BTC for new brand name

BitQuill would be Bitsquare re-branded name, my reason with a Quill you write your ideas and for me it ideas has no limits that is what i expect from BitQuill (we write the future).

Posted on reddit 12.01.2017 evening on heavyuser1337’s post, then erased 'cause I could see propositions he received after mine being posted here and mine did not appear, anyway, the post was this:

• bandycoin
  • excentrade
  • nexusbit
  • coinexus
  • coinagora
  • agorabit
  • bitswapper

My suggestions are more universal. I think a service like bitsquare will be crucial world wide, not just in english speaking communities. Avoiding the word “coin” since it does not really compliment the technology. Using latin since it is more universal worldwide and the phrases below are universally recognized worldwide and also latin sounds cool :slight_smile: :

AdHoc (short name), AdHocExchange (long name, the “exchange” part could be transalted into major languages, but adhoc stays the base) or maybe AdHocForum (forum also means marketplace in latin)

(meaning in english: for this purpose only: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hoc) It aligns with the philosophy I think, since you go in, you trade, you get out, no traces left. For that purpose only.

BitAdHoc (another option using the above suggestion)

QuidProQuo, abbreviation would be qpq, which sounds cool. The name could be QPQ Exchange for example.

(meaning in english: something for something: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quid_pro_quo)

(Bit) Tuta Cambio (meaning secure exchange), abbreviation would be BTC, which might be a bit of a conflict

(Bit) Tuta Muto (meaning secure exchange/transformation)

(Bit) Tuta Mutatio (same meaning as above)

(Bit) Tuta Talla (meaning secure layer of an onion)

Orebita(e)
(The)Binarybay
Bitwyxen
Roundthecoin
Albity (… almighty with a cold… :mask:)
Cocoining
Cointaz
Bitcoinshire
Cryptoshire
Kryptoclear / Cryptoclear
Sybitling(s)
Ambitty
-(it’s a) Bitzness :grin: (lol)
and…
B itsallfolks !

hi! i’ve some name for bitsquare.
BitSuq (Suq from the arabian, it means market)
BitAgorà
BitForum ( the ancient roman Forum)
BitForo ( Foro it’s Forum in italian)
BitRoots
Bitkhan
Anarco-Bit
BitMaelstrom
Shangri-La decentralized exchange
BitPeople’s
Decentralized Trust Exchange (DTE)
Self Managed Exchange (SME)

Submitted yesterday by boacw on bitcointalk:

peerswap
p2pswap
noonebetween.us
cryptodirect
cryptex

168 posts already and I guess more than a thousand name proposals. Dunno about the team, but I am definitely overwhelmed.

Yes its definitely overwhelming!!! Thanks a lot to all!

Here’s one more. I don’t believe in just generating as many words starting with “Bit” as possible :wink:

You want a name that communicates that it is a decentralized bitcoin exchange. At the same time, you want it to be friendly and memorable. Preferably the go-to place for new users who are interested in Bitcoin. Bridging the gap between “decentralized bitcoin exchange” and user friendliness is the key obstacle here.

My proposal is Dexter. It works as a short hand for Decentralized Exchange, but it is also a surname which gives the app a human face. Dexter. Do what you wish with that.

Two other suggestions mentioned above that resonate with me:
Decent and Ad hoc.

I also wanted to tell you i run a small graphic/digital design practice, and we also do some webdev stuff. So if you need help developing a visual identity for this new brand (whichever name you choose to go with) i might be interested in helping out :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work!
Max

Bitdec (Bitcoin Decentralized)
Bitdece (Bitcoin Decentralized Exchange)
Bitdec-ex (Bitcoin Decentralized Exchange)
Dec-ex (Decentralized Exchange)
Dece (Decentralized Exchange)
BDE (Bitcoin Decentralized Exchange)
BiDeE (Bitcoin Decentralized Exchange)
BitDeE (Bitcoin Decentralized Exchange)
Dechange (Decentralized Exchange)
BitDeChange (Bitcoin Decentralized Exchange)
BitDege (Bitcoin Decentralized Exchange)
DeceBitex (Decentralized Bitcoin Exchange)

My advice (Nothing like this around web):

BitWide
BitWiden
BitWidened
CoinWide
CoinWiden
CoinWidened

BitHall
BitBeatME (BBM)

Greetings,
Albino

bitbazaar
decentralcoins

on behalf of nad48 (reddit)

bitarena
bitzoco
villabit
bitmercado
interbit
circumbit
metasquare
bitzona
bitzone
centralbit
centrabit
dencentrabit
decentrabit
bitarena
bitzoco
bitscene
areabit

Thanks for your input! Depending on the name we will choose finally we will see if we need to redesign the logo and visual ID as well. Thought designers are always welcome as there is always something to do in that area and usually the Open Source community lacks if professional designers. PM me to send me a more about your studio.

Mike here from the Bitsquare team. I’m normally not active in the forum, but it was about time to create an account. :slight_smile: I’m currently helping with the rebranding, so I’m collecting all community proposals.

maxi_malism, I appreciate your explanation and I believe that’s what is missing from most proposals - motivation behind the proposed names. I also agree with you to look beyond the term “bit”. Out of the 640 proposals so far, exactly half of them contain the term “bit”, and the vast majority start with it. But I have to admit that our brainstorming list also contains a lot of those, including some in our top list.

In any case, finding a new name for a project of such importance in the cryptocurrency ecosystem is not an easy task. Once thing is certain though - we will have one hell of a job selecting a new brand! :slight_smile:

1 Like

decentral.support

I own this domain name currently, but would be happy to give it away when I win.

Bit2Bit is my suggestion

I like the sound of…
XBit
or
XBitDirect

Names:

Bit
Bitswap

CommuniBit
CommuniBitX
Exchant
Exchanted
Dexterity (or dExterity, or dExTerity)
DirExO
direx o’ bit (or direx-o-bit, or dir-ex-o-bit)
Snipeer
BitQuintuple