Cancel trade - mining fee not refunded

I created a trade to buy a small amount of BTC (it was my first transaction so I was playing it safe). For that, I have to transfer the deposit, the Bisq fee, and the mining fee.

After 2 weeks the trade was not taken, so I decided to cancel. Bisq warned me that I would lose the maker fee if I cancel.

After canceling, I have received the deposit back, but I have not recovered the mining fee.

Is that intended? If so, I would suggest updating the warning message.

If I should get the mining fee back, do you know how long it takes after canceling the trade?

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 7.13.44 PM

No, you don’t get mining fee back, the mining fee is paid when you make the deposit transaction.

2 Likes

If an offer is cancelled the Bisq trading fees and the mining fees used in this process are not refunded.

This is a protection against spamming the offer book e.g. creating a lot of offers that will never be traded.

However you can have offers open for weeks, month etc. and you can adjust price any time.

2 Likes

Thank you, it is clear now.

I still think the pop-up message should be updated to prevent confusion in the future, as there’s no mention about also losing the mining fee.