Circle.com

Just wondering if Circle should be added to various ways to accept fiat. I believe one can accept USD, EUR, and GBP. I currently use circle to allow my friends to pay me for bitcoin I purchase for them and also for other services when we want to split cost. I’ve only tried with USD though. I don’t think there are any fees, at least not for USD transfers. It appears there are no extra fees for converting between currencies and Circle charges a mid-market rate for sums lower than 3,000 USD. Here’s what circle has to say about conversion rates.

Hasn’t Circle announced that they close their operations? Otherwise yes might be an option. We need to investigate more in details how the transfer works and how the chargeback risk is.

@Earthlark

I assume you’re a native english speaker, can you please help figuring-out what is meant by the following:

Deposits using a bank account, debit card, or credit card may be reversed or may be subject to a chargeback or related claim. Except as set forth in this Agreement, all payment transactions processed through the Services are non-refundable. You may have additional refund or charge-back rights under your agreement with the recipient of such funds, your bank, or applicable law.

This is the crucial part and it’s vague as always. To me it sounds like they don’t charge-back funds transferred via Circle.
In another point they state that when you made a payment via Circle before depositing, you give every right to Circle to come after the money from you bank account. (in case of insufficient funds in the bank)

In the last sentence, on the other hand they basically say that if your bank says you do a charge-back, it is possible. So you could go to the bank, claim fraud and ask for your money.

Since you can fund your account using credit cards, charge-backs would be too easy and we couldn’t use Circle.

It is quite confusing. Seems almost like two contradictory sentences stuck one after another. Maybe it is just a sort of disclaimer to expect everything and not blame them for it :smiley: Then again I could be just getting confused. You can always send them an email probably, they will likely reply eventually and clarify it.

When Circle started, I remember people saying they’re just burning vc-money for charge-backs, because they sold BTC for credit card payments.
On the other hand they never complained about it or made statements in that regard.

I’ll email them.