Computer desktop keeps freezing a couple of hours after I start Bisq

Computer desktop keeps freezing a couple of hours after I start Bisq.

I tried Ctrl + Alt + * and Ctrl + Alt + [F1-F6] but the computer does not respond to any of these.

I have to press the power button to reboot.

I would like to understand how I can troubleshoot to figure why the computer desktop freezes, and what’s going on with Bisq. Maybe someone can tell me which file or log I should check to understand why my computer desktop is freezing after some time when Bisq is running?

Any hints or help would be greatly appreciated.

I use this computer for hours - without running Bisq. The computer does not freeze when Bisq is not running.

The computer runs Bisq v1.9.5.

Hi @cks thanks for the post.

Can you contact me on Matrix so I can request your logs to see why your Bisq is freezing?

My username on Matrix is: @pazza83:matrix.org

Matrix is what Bisq often users for support: Matrix bisq.chat - Bisq Wiki

Hi Pazza,
Thanks. I will get in touch with log next time the computer desktop freeze (while Bisq is running). Although I have to say, coincidentally, Bisq has been running for two or three days non-stop causing no issue; the computer desktop has not frozen.
I will be in touch if it does.
C.

1 Like

Hi Pazza,
Computer desktop froze again.
Can you please tell me which log shall I look at?

You can access your logs in the data directory:

https://bisq.wiki/Data_directory

bisq.log
bisq_1.log
bisq_2.log

Etc

Look for the most recent log and see if there are any errors around the time of the crash.

Also you mention your computer desktop froze so might not be a specific issue with Bisq?

One thing that could cause Bisq to freeze and crash the desktop is a memory issue. Bisq can use quite a bit of RAM.

If you want to send me the logs to look at contact me on Matrix, details above.

I was able to fix this issue by adding the following options to %AppData%\Local\Bisq\app\Bisq.cfg

java-options=-Dprism.order=sw

1 Like