Correct way to handle WISE & sepa country options?

Hi, stupid quesiton maybe but heres what im wondering:
I have two options to receive funds. SEPA (Germany where im located. IBAN starts with DE) and WISE which has also a SEPA bank connection but IBAN starting with BE (its standard for WISE)
Now if i got it right WISE is safer for possible cash back attempts so can be favored.
However the rules say the country of origin the user is declared to be from (in this case mine) should correlate with the bank account.
In this case it would do (as i am located in Germany) wiht the normal SEPA account from my local bank, but not with the WISE.

how can i handle this ? Do i have to create 2 BISQ accounts, one as German/DE SEPA and one stating im from Belgium(which i am not) but to correlate with the WISE BE iban ?
or should i switch my “country” in settings from Germany (DE) to Belgium (BE) whenever i want to do WISE related (BE IBAN SEPA) transfers ?

thanks for the clarification :slight_smile:

Hi @Cpc464 there are no stupid questions :slight_smile:

I have two options to receive funds. SEPA (Germany where im located. IBAN starts with DE) and WISE which has also a SEPA bank connection but IBAN starting with BE (its standard for WISE).

So you have your German (DE) account and your Wise account (BE)?

Now if i got it right WISE is safer for possible cash back attempts so can be favored.

No, I think both your German (DE) account and your Wise account (BE) will be equally safe.

The rules say the country of origin the user is declared to be from (in this case mine) should correlate with the bank account.

Yes for German account it will be DE, Germany. For Wise it will be (BE) Belgium.

Do i have to create 2 BISQ accounts, one as German/DE SEPA and one stating im from Belgium(which i am not) but to correlate with the WISE BE iban ?

Yes, if you wish to trade with both, you could have:

• SEPA - German account
  • SEPA - Wise account

You can also have:

• TransferWise account (for multi-currency payments)

thank you Pazza, if both like normal bank sepa and wise are equally safe (or unsafe) from cashbacks just using my house bank sepa will be fine. (they are ok with crypto and “dabble” in it).

So you have your German (DE) account and your Wise account (BE)?

yes. the wise account is automatically created as BE account no matter from where you come from (at least thats how mine was automatically created). thats why i wondered. my county = DE, my home bank DE but getting wise too resulted in wise having an BE iban :slight_smile:

in any case it was also good to learn that the main benefit of transferwise is actually only the multi-currency payment.
i will use sepa - german (and 1 bisq account for it) and wise account for multi-currency (and 1 bisq account) separated in that case to reflect the different iban countries.

cheers!

1 Like

No problems.

Also look into if your German bank can support SEPA Instant. If so you can create an account for that also.

I know that Transferwise SEPA accounts support SEPA Instant, so adding your BE account as SEPA Instant might be an option.

Instant trades make for a smoother experience in my opinion :slight_smile:

It would be good to see more SEPA Instant offers on Bisq EUR market.