CRITICAL Notice: Finish Trades Before Upgrading to v1.2

Before upgrading to v1.2 (likely releasing this week), you must:

• complete all trades
  • complete all disputes
  • disable open offers (not delete, just disable)

This is because v1.2 integrates Bisq’s new trade protocol, which moves from 2-of-3 multisigs to 2-of-2 multisigs.

See Twitter thread here.

Please spread the word to any Bisq users you know.

There will be a clear warning in the upgrade prompt in the software, but still – please beware.

1 Like

So, the warning needs to be extremely clear. This potentially means you cannot trade around 12 days.

Just an example. Before the upgrade you have a contract which has a maximum timeslot of four days. Buyer is not responding during these four days. Then you go to the mediator. Another four days and finally you call the arbitrator another four days.

OK for now with the snmall volumes handled by Bisq, but if the volume goes to thousands of contracts per day this is an absolute no go.

Something to think about.

v1.2 release is imminent.

Please make sure to do the following before updating to v1.2:

• complete all trades
  • complete all disputes
  • disable open offers (not delete, just disable)

Updating to v1.2 with unfinished trades and disputes will require an arbitrator to intervene and manually make payouts. Downgrading back to v1.1.7 to rectify the situation will not be possible, so please double-check before updating.

Disabling open offers prevents the chance that one of your offers is taken before you close the Bisq program and update, which could inadvertantly cause one of the scenarios above.

How do I disable an open offer please? I only see a delete button and I know that will cost me if I do it?

Go to Portfolio > Open Offers and uncheck the box in the Enabled column.

Screenshot%20from%202019-10-29%2019-49-26

1 Like