Cryptonite (XCN) preparing add request questions

Hello everyone,
I am currently looking for a new main exchange for our coin and I’ve found bisq and am a great fan of the concept (keep up the good work!).

So I’ve decided to prepare an add request here for the coin and have started looking into the requirements to get a PullRequest finished with complete AddressVerification and Test.

But before that, I’d like to explore the possibilities of a fast-track though, based on this quote:

If we think that an altcoin has some outstanding novelty or properties
we want to support we might add it without further requirements.

Cryptonite has some unique properties which I haven’t found anywhere else. I think they are a major requirement for ALL crypto coins out there to scale up to the required size once the world changes over to using crypto as main currency.
I’m talking about the mini-blockchain scheme, which in short breaks up the functionality of the blockchain into a dedicated accounts database and a header-only proof-chain.

A quote from the homepage:

Cryptonite is the first implementation of the mini-blockchain scheme,
a scheme designed for maximum scalability, achieved by addressing the
problem of blockchain bloat and providing a solution which allows all
old transactions to be forgotten by the network after they become old
enough. This allows new nodes to synchronize with the network extremely
quickly and allows existing nodes to free up disk space by deleting old
transactions. As a result of this scheme the network doesn’t need to
become increasingly centralized only by nodes capable of handling the
full blockchain, so mining can remain more decentralized.

I think these features are well-aligned with bisq’s goals.
You can read more about it here:
http://cryptonite.info/?page=features

The thread:

Btw, the coin is not new, it’s already a couple years old and was mainly traded in China for reasons I don’t know. But we’re now looking for a new main exchange as all Chinese exchanges have started removing many alt coins due to new regulations which is a shame. We’ve had some ups and downs and are still there, better now than ever which can be seen in the thread.

By the way, I am not the main developer, nor creator of the coin but I run one of the explorers and like the concept of the coin. Therefore, I cannot speak for the coin officially and won’t do the official add request but I’d like to prepare it as well as possible. That’s what this thread is for.

Thanks!

1 Like

Bisq developers are quite busy now with the DAO development and other features and bug fixing, it would maybe be faster if you did a pull request yourself, instead of developers doing research first and then deciding if they want to add it themselves. That would probably be a faster route.
Adding coins with interesting properties is probably more about adding interesting coins when devs don’t want to wait for someone that is willing and able to do a pull request, but if there is already somebody like you, it would probably be faster, and definitely more reliable path to make a pull request yourself.

1 Like

Okay that’s fair enough.

Is it likely that the coin will be accepted after I prepare everything and do a PR?
I’d like to avoid doing it only to find that the main devs for some reason don’t like the coin and decline it.

It is very likely that it will be added. Only scam coins are really removed. There are many altcoins in Bisq and Bisq loves adding more.

Perfect, thanks. I’ll get on it then!

update, one more question. As can be seen in the feature list, XCN has another novelty: True 64bit granularity.
Ref here

Is that going to be an issue?

1 Like

Update: Thanks for merging the PR @ManfredKarrer
I’ve just tested the dev build on my machine and it all seems to be working.

Question: could I (in theory) already publish a trade offer for XCN when running the development build from jar? Or would that somehow mess with the network?

i should not create any issues but others will see a offer with currency they cannot take.