Deposit Transaction Not Found

Hello, upon accepting an offer to sell, I sent bitcoin (from my personal wallet) to the generated address at far too low of a fee to ever confirm. A transaction ID was created and the trade began to wait for a confirmation. However, after noticing my fee was too low, I increased the fee (rbf) which created a new transaction ID. When I click my bisq transaction ID it now shows that the transaction does not exist on blockstream, yet the bitcoin is shown on bisq and is locked to the trade. I am stuck waiting for a confirmation on a transaction ID that doesn’t even exist, therefore the trade will never begin nor automatically cancel in 4 days. What should I do?

Ya, that sounds like you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. You may as well start open mediation immediately as I don’t believe this trade will proceed on it’s own. Press ctrl+o or cmd+o to open mediation if the app wont let you yet… perhaps someone else can confirm, RBF is not a good idea since it leads to the above and BISQ wont recognize the correct deposit tx.

Thank you for your response! I did figure out how to open a mediation shortly after posting this, so hopefully they will be able to see what the problem is here. It didn’t even cross my mind at the time that RBF would put me in this situation but definitely lesson learned for next time.

1 Like

Ya RBF is pretty cool actually when used correctly! But it does have its quirks.

1 Like