Domestic transfer issue

Hey. This was my first time trying to use bisq. I started a domestic transfer with someone in mexico even though I live in the united states because I didn’t fully realize what constituted a ‘domestic transfer’

what happens now

I have not yet hit ‘payment started’. I shouldn’t hit that button, right?

does whenever I hit that button a wire transfer is automatically started through the bisq app? no, that’s impossible, right? it’s actually simply more better for me not to hit the button because I am unable to send the funds and hitting the button would constitute me lying, correct?

I started a domestic transfer with someone in mexico even though I live in the united states because I didn’t fully realize what constituted a ‘domestic transfer’

Is their bank account a Mexican account in USD?

I have not yet hit ‘payment started’. I shouldn’t hit that button, right?

Only press it if you have paid

does whenever I hit that button a wire transfer is automatically started through the bisq app? no, that’s impossible, right? it’s actually simply more better for me not to hit the button because I am unable to send the funds and hitting the button would constitute me lying, correct?

No, fiat payment is sent outside the app.

I would recommend you open a support ticket.

Select pending trade and click: ‘Ctrl + o’ or ‘alt + o’ or ‘cmd + o’

reaching the point where the button “payment started” has appeared, means you took the responsibility to conclude the trade; since you are bound to have paid a security deposit, that is the cover expense in case you cancel the trade after taking responsibility for it, meaning that you will lose part of that deposit in case you cancel the trade.
If you were able to take that offer in the first place it means you had set up a payment account which was compatible with it… make sure you are really not able to send that payment, otherwise it would be preferable to go through with the trade.