Double Bug: Message Fail + Blocked Funds [solved]

Hi all,
I’m having a scary double bug during a BTC purchase on Bisq:

1- After starting the SEPA payment to the seller (which I estimate will arrive next Tuesday), I came back to Bisq which showed me this error message (which by the way keeps reappearing over and over again):

2- I then clicked “Payment Started” and the result was “Sending Message Failed!”.

3- So I opened a support ticket as instructed and explained the situation but I’m still waiting for any response.

Bisq version is 1.3.4 on MacOS 10.15.5.
I don’t know how to proceed…

Since the SEPA transfer should only technically start Monday morning (because I ordered it Friday evening), should I try to call my bank to cancel it? I’m afraid to lose not only the deposit but also the whole payment.

Any help would be welcome!
Thanks

Also, I’ve found this info in the trade details:
(replaced some details with ########### for privacy)

Error message:

An error occurred at task: BuyerSendCounterCurrencyTransferStartedMessage
Sending message failed: message=CounterCurrencyTransferStartedMessage{
buyerPayoutAddress=’###########’,
senderNodeAddress=###########.onion:9999,
counterCurrencyTxId=,
uid=’###########’,
buyerSignature=###########
} TradeMessage(tradeId=###########, uid=###########)
errorMessage=There are no P2P network nodes connected. Please check your internet connection.
There are no P2P network nodes connected. Please check your internet connection.

Trade state: FIAT_SENT

The error log indicates that you have no connection to the p2p network and that’s why you’re having troubles. Did you try restarting? Have something changed with your internet connection?

Yes, I restarted already a few times after that. The connection is fine. I even completed another trade meanwhile.

But I’m getting worried because 1,5 days have passed and neither the mediator/arbitrator nor the seller have sent any message in response to my messages :frowning:

@ManfredKarrer, could you please tell me what to do?
Tomorrow early morning the SEPA transfer will be triggered and I feel I’ll lose all that money.
Should I try to cancel the transfer to minimize my losses?

Thank you for any help.

No funds will be lost as long as the start of the trade went ok. There is a safety feature to spend the 2of2 deposit tx after a delay if nothing else works.

You can contact me on keybase and I’ll help you there, username @sqrrm

I’ve had the same thing happen to me twice over the past weeks.
The “Payment startet” button doesn’t work. Then after a restart of Bisq I start getting the Warning. After a couple more attempts on the button it goes through.
Btw also Bisq 1.3.4 and macOS 10.15.5

In the end, the trade ended well, with all funds and deposits to the rightful owners :slight_smile:

However, now I still have the Mediation ticket “Open” and can’t find a way to close it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey, sometimes those mediation tickets will remain open. I believe the only way to remove them is to delete your “MediationDisputeList” file from Bisq/btc_mainnet/db. However, it will also get rid of ALL other mediations (open and closed) so don’t remove it if you have ongoing mediations. :slight_smile: … make a backup!

Only mediators can close a dispute.

Same, my mediation ticket is also still open, no one taking it.