F2F USD illegal additional info trading. Please ban user

Offer ID: qkcfgyes-57918b1d-b0ad-4b9b-9c4e-f1329b5de067-117
Onion address offer creator: l6shlywonclxz64k.onion:9999

Additional information:

THIS IS AN ADVERTISEMENT FOR DIRECT P2P EXCHANGE. DO NOT “TAKE THIS OFFER” IN Bisq. ANY TRANSACTION ERRONEOUSLY BEGUN WITHIN Bisq MUST BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED TO ME, THE SELLER.

Bisq is a software for exchanging, not a craiglist or Telegram group to post offers. If someone takes this offer, deposit should go to taker, no matter what the creator says.

Edit: Bisq currently states that we ensure to follow Bisq protocol. This offer is encouraging taker not to follow Bisq protocol.

I’m not a big fan of banning, but as this one is advising trading peers to violate Bisq’s trading protocol, which could backfire to the Bisq brand if a trader gets scammed I’ll filter it out. Still I’m aware that other F2F offers might do something similiar in the end, but not blatantly as this one.

I’m pro not having this address banned by default. They paid their fee to have the offer broadcast and so it should be. Being that the conditions are apparent before taking the offer I’d go even further and say that if the taker doesn’t comply with their requirements that the maker should get the the taker’s security deposit.

I know there’s a need for offers like this, and I don’t think that this offer is malicious. But paying a trading fee doesn’t allow you to make an offer with conditions that clearly violate the trading protocol (Do not take this offer in Bisq).
I would agree to clarify some conditions and steps to make this kind of offer valid, but with the current trading rules and trading protocol, this is an invalid offer that should be removed from Bisq.

I hope that the new trading protocol, maybe with different security models, improves the F2F trading and makes this kind of offers unnecessary or completely valid.

I see no problem here.
If someone violate the protocol he will lose his security fund.
That means the taker gets free money from the violator, and the violator will learn.

1 Like