Feature request: exchange bitcoin for goods, not money

Hi, I have a question. Suppose I don’t have dollars, I have bitcoin, I want to buy (say) a bed on Amazon with bitcoin. Is it possible to extend Bisq to ask someone to buy the bed on Amazon and deliver it to my address? He pays Amazon out of his bank account. After the bed arrives, I pay him bitcoin. If I cheat and not pay him bitcoin after the package arrives, he shows the Amazon receipt to the arbitrator and the arbotrator gives my 100% deposit to him. If he cheats and does not ship, the arbitrator asks him for the Amazon shipment receipt, he can’t produce it and the arbitrator releases the deposit of both parties. Is there something like this already? Would it be possible to add this feature to Bisq? :slight_smile:

I think that maybe that’s spreading Bisq too thin.
Openbazaar is a market place that uses bitcoin but I’m not sure the exact case you describe is possible there.
There are, however, some companies that will sell you a Amazon gift card for bitcoin. Bitrefill being one of them.

3 Likes

I’m a bit curious about ways to keep privacy while simultaneously having physical goods been delivered on some physical place …

(Just now seeing this.) Your suggestion to exchange bitcoin for goods via Amazon already exists: purse.io.

The purse.io service allows people to buy goods via amazon.com using bitcoin at a discount. Basically, you create a wishlist for your amazon order, list it in purse.io along with your discount (typically between 5% and 15%, but could be higher/slower). That creates orders in their orderbook. On the other side of those trades, there are people who pay a bit of a premium to receive bitcoin by filling a stranger’s amazon wishlist order.

So, what you suggested exists. Compared with bisq, purse.io uses centralized escrow and orderbooks (its all on their servers) and is limited to certain countries (it worked, for example, for a few years with amazon.fr and amazon.de, but then they dropped supporting France or Germany).

Purse.io’s been discontinued in the previous weeks. They were one of Covid’s first casualty that couldn’t stay solvent under the current health/economic crisis :frowning: .

You have Lolli too. They’re pretty good, but they don’t have you pay with BTC. Basically you get BTC “rewards” for a fraction of what you paid and you can eventually move the BTC from their wallet to any other BTC wallet. Lolli’s pretty reputable!

There was another “BTC rewards” service that was sketchy and I forgot the name of it. All I remember was they NEVER sent me my rewards for the $300 Ray-Bans I bought through their program! (They were nice Ray-Bans too!! The tips said “Ninja” and the case had “Invincible” inscribed on them! Anyway, screw those other guys! But I guess the Ray-Ban’s are nice enough for me to ignore the rewards lol.)

PS: Originally I wanted Ray-Ban to inscribe “Bad MuthaF***” on the Ray-Ban’s case, but I was worried that if I did that they wouldn’t allow me into an airport with my sunglasses case on me. Lol!