Fedora java issue solved

After upgrade from Fedora 28 to 29 the bisq desktop app didn’t work anymore, producing java errors on start. Following the exact instructions on this side fixed it. Under no circumstances use the rpm package, it makes the error list longer. Work with the .tar.gz.



Thanks for the useful return.

btw, the openjdk-10 Linux installation procedure/documentation from Oracle is quite incomplete. At least for Debian.
(… a bit shameful from Oracle).

Yes Oracle fucked up their new release cycle policy quite a lot. I regret that we moved too early. People will learn and only take LTS releases serious in future, the other “releases” are basically alpha test releases but not suitable for production.

How can i install it in Fedora? I downloaded the file (.tar.gz) i unpacked the file but i cant use ./configure , make make install dnf install so what do i need to do? Sorry for the nooby mistake but my programming skills are limited ps I followed the java guide.

You need to download .deb package and unpack it so you can run the binary directly.

You should be able to run
ar x Bisq-64bit-0.9.0.deb
to extract files and then run Bisq binary from command line.

Until version 0.8.0 I installed it in fedora successfully with
$ git clone https://github.com/bisq-network/bisq-desktop.git
$ ./gradlew build
But now for 0.9.0 I get java errors on installation which I cannot solve. Your recommended
ar x Bisq-64bit-0.9.0.deb
worked fine, however now I have a total new installation, account age 0, no history. How to get the old data into the new fastest? Is there one folder to copy? And additionally should I load the old seed into the new installation? Expect some reimbursement on BTC addresses so I’d be even more interested to get the old address tree into the 0.9.0 app.


Have my old files in
/.local/share/Bisq and in

After reading this I decided to work with a new instance, because I had more and more issues in the near past:

The old one I can still start so I can pick up from there what is needed…

It seems like your new Bisq installation started the data directory in a new place then.

Maybe you can check it out by going to Account->Backup to find the place of a data directory in the new distance. It would be very useful in general to know where your data directory is, just for future reference.

The datadir is (Linux)
like it was before. Very strange. After second start suddenly I had my old environment back. So good for now but I don’t know why it didn’t work at first start.

Thanks for the guidance!