Funds sent but unable to click 'Payment started'

I have raised this with support, but wondered whether anyone else has had the same problem.

I accepted an offer, waited for the blockchain confirmation (which took longer than usual due to a problem with the transaction ID), transferred the fiat, but now the ‘Payment started’ button is disabled. As a result, I am unable to mark the payment as sent and the maker is presumably unable to confirm that it has been received in order to complete the transaction.

The trade will expire soon, so I am not sure what is going to happen.

Once the trade period elapses a button for both traders should pop up that allows you to open a dispute. If you can’t get it to work and don’t want to wait for the trade to expire, just open a dispute with cmd+o.

Thanks for your reply. I opened the dispute as soon as I noticed the problem, but haven’t heard back from the arbitrator (3b7cft5k4ae6a236.onion:9999) for over a day now. I’m not convinced my messages are getting through. What else can I do please?

I sent the fiat yesterday, so just need an arbitrator to confirm that the maker has received it and then release the BTC.

That could be the case. Tor connections sometimes drop.

Your arbitrator is @keo , you can get in contact with him over this forum.
He will need your trade ID to know which trade this is.

Thanks. I have sent @keo a PM.

I am sure he will reply as soon as possible :slight_smile: