Getting completely nonsensical data from the Bisq API?

For a long time now, I’ve had a script which fetches data from the Bisq public API to display relevant offers to me without having to constantly start up and manually look at Bisq.

However, this data has been useless so far because it never seems to actually match with what I’m seeing in the Bisq application. I can’t make any sense of this.

In Bisq, I’m looking at the “Buy” tab, with “EUR - Euro” as the currency and “SEPA” as the payment method in the drop-down boxes. It currently displays 24 offers.

But https://bisq.markets/api/offers?market=btc_eur&direction=SELL only shows ONE single offer with SEPA, and https://bisq.markets/api/offers?market=btc_eur&direction=BUY only has 7 offers with SEPA.

At first, I thought that I had confused what BUY/SELL means in the context, but clearly, this is not the case, since neither return 24 items with “SEPA” as the payment method.

Also, the numbers don’t seem to match up at all. I tried comparing them but it doesn’t even seem like the offers have anything to do with the actual Bisq marketplace.

And before you ask why I use the API from the website instead of the API to the locally running Bisq program: I could never figure out how to make that work, or it was broken, or it refused to run both the GUI and the CLI at the same time, or something annoying like that. Either way, I’m asking about the public web-hosted API right now.

What could explain that the data never matches?!

From what I know of the service offered by mempool.space regarding bisq, it has been a while that the data is not updated to latest state.
That website is not directly part of the services offered by Bisq, so Bisq doesn’t control the output of the offered API, and if you convert the date field to human readable timestamp you should see that those are old offers

Well… That sucks. :frowning:

I understand your feelings, and I suppose you also realize it’s not something that Bisq can do anything about :slight_smile: