Getting phone number to show up in Zelle vs Email Address

My Zelle account has one phone number and one email address Registered with it. When I originally associated this Zelle account with my Bisq account, I used the phone number and not the email address. I understand that this was probably not the smartest thing to do, and I have already associated the account again with my email address, but I now have to wait for the “second” account to be signed and for the limits to be lifted.

In the meantime, again, my “original” Bisq account does have both my email address and my phone number as registered addresses in Zelle. How do I make sure that, when I send a transaction to someone, that the phone number is sent to the receiver and not the email address? I sent a Zelle transaction today and, for whatever reason, only the phone number was presented to the receiver. (Note: This was before I had registered my email address. It was associated with my Zelle account, but it was unregistered whereas my phone number was registered in the Zelle interface**.) Even though the amount was correct, the memo was correct, etc, the trader was initially suspect because the Zelle transaction was marked with a phone number and not an email address. Fortunately, the trader was kind enough to work things out with me, but they warned me that it is entirely possible I could end up losing an entire transaction in mediation in the future if I don’t resolve this situation.

How do I make sure that, when I send a transaction to someone, that the phone number is sent to the receiver and not the email address?

This is something that you need to figure out with Zelle, or maybe someone who has used it. I’m not familiar with it.

Your second account was not automatically signed? If you used the same name, the old account should have signed the first, so at least you would save an unwanted and expensive trade to get it signed.

Try to solve it as soon as possible, but if you have both email and phone number registered at Zelle, I don’t think that a mediator should make you lose your deposit for that.