Having Trouble Funding Trade with Zelle

Hello,

I entered a trade yesterday, intending to buy with Zelle (this is my first time using Zelle). I logged into the bank’s P2P Zelle system and entered all of the info, but the last step required me to receive a code via text from Zelle. The phone number I have currently listed is a landline number, so can’t receive texts, and seems there is no phone call option. I called the bank and provided a mobile number, but they said it could take up to 3 business days for it to update in their system. In addition, I am overseas (outside of the US), so am not sure I’ll be able to receive the text.

There’s still 3 days remaining for the transaction time on Bisq, but I’m afraid I might not be able to send the money to the seller.

Any suggestions on what I can do?

You likely won’t be able to get this worked out. See Zelle warning if you’re not in the USA.

If you like, you can reach out to your counterparty directly (via text/phone/email) and let them know what’s going on. If the two of you find a way to settle on your own, then there is no need for the trade to go to arbitration. Or you can let the trade window expire, go to arbitration and explain the situation there, where your arbitrator will work with you and your counterparty to come to a resolution (including possibly cancelling the trade).

Ok, thank you. I’ll first reach out to the seller to explain the situation and see what we can do from there.

Just a quick update for other viewers who may potentially run into this problem.

I was able to get my phone number approved by the bank, received the text even outside of the US, and the transaction went through successfully.

For reference, Dingtone (VoIP) worked in my case.

2 Likes