Bitsquare is open to add any altcoin which requests to get added to the supported crypto currencies. Adding does not mean any endorsement and as long as it is not a clear scam coin we accept any coin which fulfills our requirements as defined below.
Please note that we cannot add all available coins by default as it comes with some effort for us (input verification for the coin address, add search option if the list gets too long, do basic checks if it is not a clear scam,…).
Beside that it would be pointless to add coins which never get used for trades because they are not actively maintained or used anymore.
Here is a basic rule set to make the process and requirements transparent:
- If the altcoin has a market cap or trading volume in the top 10 range we might add it without further requirements.
- If we think that an altcoin has some outstanding novelty or properties we want to support we might add it without further requirements.
Other altcoins need to fulfill the following requirements:
- The requesting person needs to be associated with the official coin (use an email address indicating that you are from the team)
- They need to add Bitsquare as official exchange to their webpage.
- There need to be an active block explorer available.
- They need to send an example address of the altcoin.
- The ticker symbol does not conflict with any Fiat or Altcoin symbol (Check here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217, https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/).
- The requirements to add the coin does not cause extra effort for Bitsquare like adding additional input fields (e.g. if the addresss alone is not sufficient for the trade).
- They need to provide the rules for validating a correct altcoin address. Input verification for the coin address will be added soon and we would need to get the specifics of a altcoin delivered from those who are interested that it get added (if the one who want to add a coin is not a developer he needs to request those information form the altcoin developers - Bitsquare will not do that task). A pull request with actual code contribution is preferred over pure text based information.
- There need to be some trading activity. If for a period of 2 months no trade activity is visible that coin might get removed again.
- If a coin represents political values which are diametral to Bitsquare’s values we reject it (e.g. fascistic, racist,…)
Additional new requirement:
- Pullrequest for the Altcoin address validation (Regex test + checksum test or anything else if there is anything specific) and Unittest for it (use Dev branch NOT master branch for PR).
Validation class is here.
Unittest is here.
In case the PR contains major flaws (e.g. the unit test fails, code is not compiling) I will reject the addition and not accept further requests. Unfortunately that happened quite often in the past and I don’t want to spend my limited time to test other developers untested PRs.
Another issue is that many don’t read this requirements and request addition of an altcoin without a PR.
I will ignore such requests in future.
Please use following form and fill out all fields:
- Ticker symbol (e.g. BTC): …
- Official coin name (e.g. Bitcoin): …
- Official altcoin webpage where Bitsquare will be added as official exchange: …
- URL of the block explorer: …
- Example address (e.g. 3MPe1LfMeJvumN7ykswSwkPSoXLbheXnCH): …
- Link to Github Pull request for address validation code
- Confirmation that you have checked that the ticker does not conflict with https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_4217 and https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies
- Social media accounts like Twitter account, subreddit, etc.: …
Bitsquare has no funds for professional PR. We rely on people to help to spread the word about Bitsquare. If an altcoin community is active to support and promote Bitsquare it will raise it’s chance to get added.
Please send requests for adding a coin to the email address at the contact page at bitsquare.io.
Once the coin is added to Bitsquare please send a link where you have promoted Bitsquare as exchange for your coin (at least on the webpage under official exchanges is has to be listed).
Coins which are not traded for 2 months and when we don’t get feedback about the points listed above (added to the coin webpage, community activities) will get removed again.
Please don’t make pull requests on Github for adding a coin to the CurrencyUtil class!
We introduced a new process:
See: Requirements for making a request for adding an Altcoin or token