How to Complete Account Recovery

I’m trying to login to my Bisq account with a new device. I followed the instructions in the link below to replace the “Bisq” folder on my C drive.

When I re-open the Bisq program, my backed up account info does not display and I’m not prompted to complete the recovery.

How do I complete the recovery?

Thanks!

https://docs.bisq.network/backup-recovery.html

You shouldn’t be prompted with anything. You just need to go to check if your payment accounts, transactions and seed phrase are still there.

@MadFast if you made a backup you can just copy that folder and replace the Bisq folder in the directory folder with it:

All Bisq data is stored in one place:

macOS: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Bisq
Linux: /home/<username>/.local/share/Bisq
Windows 7+: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bisq
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Bisq

Yes, I did that. But how do I access the account once I re-open the Bisq program?

I inported my seed and rebooted. My available balance is showing now (although it’s fluctuating wildly). Do I need to import my Account now? If so, what file do I import?

What’s most important to me is my backup account has trade limits lifted

There’s:

• wallet data
  • payment account data
  • trade data

Importing the seed only imports the first one. Replacing the folders with your backup would you help you import all of it.

Right, I replaced the other folders with my backup but I’m not seeing the changes reflected in my account.

So what info did you have that you are now not finding? For your Payment Accounts you need to import the file you exported.

Consider reaching out to the Bisq Keybase team’s #support channel. I have to go now.

I figured out that my backup folder was missing the btc_mainnet folder. My backup account recovered once I added it. Thanks for your patient help. Sorry for being a dunce.

No problem, glad you figured it out in the end.