How to fund your Bisq

It says it’s easy to buy BTC. To buy BTC I need other BTC or BSQ money in wallet. Guess why I am buying BTC? Because I don’t have it… And how to fund BSQ no where shown how to do that, have been all through the application…if somebody can help. Sepa transfer.

Bisq requires you to have BTC to pay for the trading fee and to set a security deposit. To receive BSQ you go to DAO > BSQ Wallet > RECEIVE and there you’ll find an address to send funds to. And you can buy BSQ on the market just like any other altcoin.

@eto checkout hodlhodl.com for buying your first BTC.

The security deposit is a must in order to prevent scams, even if it is kind of Catch-22.

Why can’t we use alt-coins and simply force exchange at the current market price?

Cash app (square) is also a very user friendly to purchase BTC with bank or debit card. For using debit card instant (once ID verified) it’s a good rate and fees compared to other instant bank purchase methods.

You can buy a small amount there and send it to your Bisq wallet to have enough fees to start trading on the best DEX there is :slight_smile:

Can you elaborate on that?

I assume your question is in reference to my suggestion for cash app?

Download ‘cash app’ from play store on your android (I think its available on iOS as well)
Cash app is very similar to Venmo, or paypal. Make an account with standard log-in info.
Link up your debit card and/or your bank account directly to cash app (again very similar to how you would for paypal or venmo)

When you start exploring the app (it’s very simple & user friendly), you should notice around the payment options I believe, is an option to click “bitcoin”
You can then type how much you want to buy (or sell if later you have BTC on there)
I do believe that if you havent verified your identity on the app already, it will prompt you to do so before allowing BTC purchases. It’s a simple sending in a pic of your ID, and the name has to match the name on the debitcard/bank account you have linked to the app.

Once your ID is verified it’s very easy to pull up the app and quickly make a Bitcoin purchase.

I usually recommend this method to people to get their initial Bitcoin needed for trading on platforms like bisq or binance (which only supports crypto to crypto trades)

I was referring to the above