Installing Bisq on Raspberry Pi 3 Troubles

Hello Everyone, before I begin my post, I just wanted to recognize all of the hard work everyone in this post did:

https://bisq.community/t/2-btc-bounty-for-improving-performance-of-bitsquare-on-raspberry-pi/295

Everyone person, every computer…great work.

However, I’m having trouble compiling code for my Raspberry Pi 3. Here are my specifications:

NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
        VERSION_ID="9"
        VERSION="9 (stretch)"
        ID=raspbian
        ID_LIKE=debian

Here are the steps which I have taken thus far:

_1. Downloaded jdk-10.0.2_linux-x64_bin.tar.gz from the Oracle website_
       _2. Downloaded bisq-master.zip_

When I am attempting to tar the jdk-10 file (tar -xzvf jdk-10.0.2_linux-x64_bin.tar.gz) I get this error:

gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
     tar: unexpected EOF in archive
     tar: unexpected EOF in archive
     tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

How can I get around this error? I really want to install Bisq on my Pi and contribute to the decentralized revolution.

Unfortunately no one is maintaining these Pi scripts, to my knowledge.
As time passes, things change, pi software changes, Bisq software changes, things are bound to break over time if not properly maintained.

I hope there are still other Pi users around running Bisq that could answer you, but I’m afraid you will have to hack it yourself if you can.
If you do, posting your solution here will definitely be appreciated by other Pi users that my look this up here in the future (as well as the whole community of course :).

Ayyyyy! At the very least I’m in the right place. Thx for the input and I’ll see what I can produce.

1 Like

The biggest problems as I remind with Bisq/raspberry :
1/ (as usual softwares) Bisq relies on many libraries … and sometimes those libraries are available for raspberry, and 6 months later no more.
Last time I had a look, torbrowser was not available for raspberry, for the same kind of reason.
2/ The last guy who succeeded with Bisq on Raspberry said it was too slow to be really usable. Certainly due to the small RAM. And there is no cure for that with the existing rasp models.

1 Like

Hi there,

I was able to launch the unmodified Bisq jar file on RPi 3B+ using BellSoft JRE 10.0.2 and Gluon OpenJFX 11.0.2, however Bisq doesn’t seem to communicate through the network (tcpdump shows no traffic). What might be the reason, and how could I troubleshoot it? Looks like something is preventing JRE from accessing the network…