Interac how to avoid fraud (well looks like I may have been scammed now)

Hi. I am confused about interac payments for selling btc. An account can be signed, but what stops a person from using various bank accounts to do each transfer. Bisq doesn’t know anything about how they are sending email transfers. For instance I am doing a transaction currently with the same account. But the username is an alias, not a real name. Shouldn’t the name be a real name maybe that matches the account name on bisq? The bisq information page doesn’t say anything about how to ensure the transaction is legit.

Thanks for your help.

So after much searching, through some forum message, there was a link to trade rules where I finally could see that the account name should match. Is that the name when I click trade ID?
Why doesn’t the main wiki page have a link to these trade rules. I couldn’t see anything about these rules when I went to the page. I will include a pic so you can see.

So perhaps I was scammed and am about to be scammed again? Do I need to start an arbitration?

Hi @Coinboss

Thanks for posting.

An account can be signed, but what stops a person from using various bank accounts to do each transfer.

A user could legitimately have more than one interac account added to Bisq.

For instance I am doing a transaction currently with the same account, with the user name “XXX”.

Not sure if you posted there actual user name or not. If so I would recommend editing your post to remove their username.

The username on Bisq payment account should match the actual interac username.

So after much searching, through some forum message, there was a link to trade rules where I finally could see that the account name should match. Is that the name when I click trade ID?

Yes, it should match. If Buying, you should only make payment to the username shown in Bisq. If selling, you should only accept payment from the username shown in Bisq.

perhaps I was scammed and am about to be scammed again? Do I need to start an arbitration?

What makes you think you have been scammed? If unsure you can open mediation by pressing ‘Ctrl + O’ when the trade in question is selected.

The real name I see in the trade details is an alias, not a real name. I suppose maybe the person just doesn’t know the rules and no one has been checking? With interac doesn’t he have to have sent an etransfer using the name listed to be verified hate? That definitely didn’t happen, and he is verified, trading over 0.1 btc.

So to confirm I shouldn’t send the money and I should start a mediation?

Hopefully it’s not fraud, this is his 2nd transaction with me.

Hi @Coinboss I have this trade in mediation with yourself.

Will complete the discussions there.

The real name I see in the trade details is an alias, not a real name.

Users should use the name that matches their bank account name. I like to verge on caution as people to change their names, and or are sometimes able to rename their bank accounts to names of their choosing. As long as their name on their bank account matches their name of Bisq all is good.

Most of the time names appear to not be real it is a case of users not correctly adding their name in Bisq. It is against the rules to use a name in Bisq that does not match the name on the bank account.