Introduction - A Crypto baby is born!

Greetings,

The “Space” takes out one of my least favorite things about certain systems in place… The middle man! I’ve began my research about a week ago, and stumbled upon this exchange through CryptoCompare.com. You guys have a pretty solid project I’d like to be apart of. I’ve noticed that most exchanges are centralized [on top of that region locked], and that seems kinda backwards to what the blockchain is trying to do. In my opinion it is currently biggest barrier getting into crypto, and having an exchange like this solves that problem. Anonymity, Wallet integrated, and not region locked was what i was looking for, and i believe Bisq provides just that.

What I’d like to get out of this experience [if I stick with it] is having a secondary income, learn about the technologies that blockchain provides, and see how this technology will affect our futures. Thought I would let myself be known so I may have an acquaintance to help guide me through this new frontier.

Just a couple of questions…
1.) Which of the “Top Three” hardware wallets do you prefer, and is it possible to use a typical external HD as a temporary option?
2.) Would i need an additional wallet to assist in transferring currencies into cold storage?

Thank you for your time!

V/r,
Biznu Fish

Welcome!

Great to hear your feedback and feel free to find something where you can participate in Bisq.
Best places are here the Forum and the Slack channel as well as the mailing list.

I don’t know what your backgrounds is but I just added quite a few tasks (mostly developer but no only):

If you are not a developer there is still a lot where you can help:

• Payment methods
  • Vidoes/tutorials
  • Liquidity, market maker
  • Spread the word, educate, help with support

We have a DAO model which is not fully implemented but we run it already in a test mode:
See: https://github.com/bisq-network/docs/blob/master/dao/phase-zero.adoc

Regarding your question:
I only have experience with Trezor and I think that is for sure a top quality product.
We have rough plans (just added a bounty task for that topic) for supporting it but it will have it’s limitations.

1 Like

Thank you for answering my questions.

I’ve read your white paper yesterday, and the Phase Zero project sounds critical in ensuring you have a steady v1.0 launch. I wish your team the best!

Unfortunately i do not have a developer background, but I believe I can help in the other ways you’ve suggested. I have a YouTube channel that i occasionally make videos on ( usually random topics ), and I’ve been talking with co-workers seeing if they would be interested in this type of adventure. Currently I have a small “Team” of 2, including myself, wanting to get into the Space. Once i have a solid foothold… I plan on assisting co-workers set up wallets with Bisq if they choose to “buy-in” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll check out the GitHub, and see if i can contribute somehow in there.

Have a good one!

2 Likes

Hi BusinessFish, welcome !

Another interesting topic to research if you’re not a developer is to look at new payment methods for Bisq to add.
For example Venmo, Uphold, … . The task would be to research the payment method, how it works, which data needs to be collected (email, name, tracking number, … ) and most importantly the chargeback risk. Paypal is not added for example because the chargeback risk is too high.

1 Like

I’ll see what i can do.