Lost my deposit : how to get it back?

Hello,

I tried to create an offer to buy bitcoins. I fund my offer from my external wallet, with default settings, meaning the confirmation didn’t get confirmed instant. So I couldn’t create the offer.
Now the transaction has been confirmed. I see it in funds / transactions.
But I can’t move it anywhere. And when I try to create my offer again, it’s a new trade wallet adress that appears…

Hence my question : how to get this deposit back, to use it to finalize my offer?

Thanks for your help!

I’m having an issue right now where my bitcoin sell offer was accepted, but the taker deposit is showing as not confirmed in bitsquare. But the taker fee TXID has 77 confs… Could your funds be tied up in a trade?

If one user used a too low mining fee when funding the bitsquare wallet the multisig deposit tx will not get confirmed as long that initial funding tx is nto confirmed. In such cases we need to wait a while and if it is not confirmed after a few days I instruct u how to solve that. If that happens open a dispute and the arbitrator (me) will guide u.

You should use the min. min fee of 0.0001 BTC as it is displayed in a info popup.
If you used less it might take long time to get into the blockchain and the trade will get stuck. If very low it might never get into the blockchain. In future will will add support to avoid such cases (so u cannot use funds which have too low mining fee).
You though can create an offer even if the fee was too low.
I dont understand your question with the funds… Once u have funded your Bitsquare wallet you can use that for any offer/trade if it is sufficient.
If u create an offer the funds get reserved for that offer so u cannot access them but they are still in your wallet, just the UI does nto allow u to use them as that would make the offer invalid. When u remove the offer the reserved funds get unlocked and moves to the available balance and are fully accessible.
Only when a trade starts (one takes your offer) the funds goes to the 2of3 MultiSig and then both traders need to complete the trade to get out the funds after the trade is finished.

Maybe send me a scresnshot of your open offers screen and trade screen so it gets more clear to me what your problem is.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry I may not have been clear : there hasn’t been a transaction with another peer, as I couldn’t create my offer. The confirmed transaction was from BTC adress (external wallet) to BTC adress (trade wallet adress).

So this transaction has been confirmed, but it took some time and now I don’t know how to use the BTC. Here’s how it happened :
1/ Tried to create an offer to buy BTC
2/ Sent 0.0107 BTC to “trade wallet adress”. But it took too long and I couldn’t create the offer.
3/ Transaction get confirmed (for the 0.0107 BTC). But it doesn’t appear in my wallet, I can’t use it. Furthermore, when I’m trying to create another offer, it’s a new “trade wallet adress” I have to feed.

Any ideas?

(sorry for double post)

Yes there has been a trade otherwise there would not be the MS deposit.
At eahc trade a new wallet address is created but you can move the funds you have inside Bitsquare to that. This is not a blockchain transaction just an allocation inside the wallet.

Can you open the emergency wallet tool with cmd+e or ctrl+e and check what the balance is there? If it is the exptected balance then there is a bug in the balance display in the UI.

Please send me screenshots form you rtrade history and support screen (it seems there was a dispute) so I get a better picture. U can PM me to keep more privacy…

Indeed there has been a trade : my 1st trade, currently pending (I sent the bank transfer and I’m waiting for the BTC). Then I tried to create another offer, and here came the problem. (no dispute so far)

Thank you I can see my balance in the emergency wallet. Do you suggest I make a withdrawal with that method?

Also, in the transactions panel we can see the withdrawal of 0.0005 BTC I was supposed to use to make my offer. Any change to get it back or be able to use it to create my order?

Thanks again, here are some screenshots :

https://postimg.org/gallery/1p41dcn44

Trying to post some images without being flagged : 1st pic

Hoping the 2nd one will pass :

I may have a problem with being flagged…

Trying to post my original message without the pics :

Indeed there has been a trade : my 1st trade, currently pending (I sent the bank transfer and I’m waiting for the BTC). Then I tried to create another offer, and here came the problem. (no dispute so far)

Thank you I can see my balance in the emergency wallet. Do you suggest I make a withdrawal with that method?

Also, in the transactions panel we can see the withdrawal of 0.0005 BTC I was supposed to use to make my offer. Any change to get it back or be able to use it to create my order?

Thanks again, here are some screenshots :

-https://postimg.org/gallery/1p41dcn44

Hm, seems the available balance is not displayed correctly. You can withdraw with the emergency tool if u dont have offers open.

Thank you for solving this problem :wink:
I’ll wait for my current transaction to complete before making the withdrawal.
For information my deposit (for creating a transaction I’ve never been able to complete) seems definitely lost, it could be great to look into that for the next updates

The trading fee is lost if a trade fails (or a take-offer attempt, which should be very rare).
The security deposit (0.01 BTC) must nto be lost.

I check Bisq.io frequently. I last checked last night to see if any trades were accepted. This morning I look and as of 0800 I had a failed trade at 0530 with NO Notification of any taker. $105 worth of BTC is now not in my Wallet and was sent by an Arbitrator to an address when I received NO NOTIFICATION of any trade occurring.

Can you email me the details (trade ID, screenshot of failed trade)? manfred at bitsquare dot it