N26 just quit my account

Hello.

Can i complain at BaFin also in English language?
N26 video verified my identity for the bank account, also via SMS code and still i couldn’t log in.
In chat they told me i need to wait 48 hours.
After that the app again connected me to the identity verification videocall and they told me my verification was cancelled by some manager and i need to verify again. Then the person on the videocall told me she won’t verify me (no detail why) and cancelled the call.
No crypto.

Thanks.

I don’t know, but at least they have an english homepage https://www.bafin.de/EN/Homepage/homepage_node.html

Have the BaFin informed.

Hi, could you, share a template how to word the complaint? I don’t mind them dropping me as a customer. I have issues with the bogus TOS article they refer to. I see BaFin got back to you already so they noted the complaing. thanks in advance

I only had two processes and asked the BaFin to check out times why N26 does not stick to the business conditions. Then the BaFin wrote and asked N26. BaFin has informed me in writing and this can take up to 3 months.

https://www.bafin.buergerservice-bund.de/bank.aspx

Hi guys, N26 actually has a real bank license (that should say more about it than anything else) If we are to dodge banks just so that we can move onto other banks… well then what kind of world are we living in?
They are also only available to a limited number of countries in the EU.

By the looks of things… N26 is shit and shady. stay away from it. Id much prefer AdvCash as a better option.

What do you use ADVcash for ? It seems they have a debit card too. Have you used it much?

Reviews of Advcash are not on Trustpilot. I think I’ll leave it a year and see if they improve.

Hi, yes use it most of the time, for some alt buying and transfers between other advcash users. its been around for more than 2 years i think. You can buy btc and a few other alts from there but its a bit expensive, thats why using it to trade on bisq instead by transferring fiat from advcash user to advcash user is much cheaper since internal transfers are free and safer because there are no chargebacks as the money can sit into advcash wallet until you withdraw to your real bank account.
Just create a test account and see what options you have available.
Also, their support is very fast to respond with good service.

Haha! Have feedback from the BaFin. Were really happy that they had something to bite. N26 has apologized and said it would be a mistake. BaFin wrote that I can sue them. If more was known, they would be happy about the work. Sorry for my bad Google English.

2 Likes

I know this topic is pretty old now but I think it would be cool to keep this in business as a N26 experience thread.

Already had a few trades with my N26 account (both SEPA & Moneybeam) and no problems yet. However, always very low amounts of € (50-200€). I’ll keep you guys updated and let you know if they close my account.

1 Like

I would be very careful with Moneybeam. N26 flags ‘dirty’ accounts and allow them use Moneybeam, then they flags ‘dirty’ all their contacts.

@jonathon @bombo These financial services seem to be very opaque in their decisions to close or not someone’s account. There are people that never came into problems trading with Revolut and there are some that got their account closed a few trades in.

This forum has a few threads reporting on that.

Hey guys, would you have any tips using these fintech companies and Bisq togerher or just with bitcoin in general?
For example with AdvCash, shall I use my personal email when registering or a separate one? Does it even matter? How about VPN?
If one of these companies close my account, can it affect the others?
Any opinion about TransferWise? (I know N26 uses it for international transactions).

Thanks for your input.

They can close down your account anytime and there are a lot of stories about that (see this thread). I have now more than 30 successful N26 trades and my N26 account still works fine. I also use it for other purposes (f.e. traveling - no fee if you pay in foreign currencies) like online shopping, offline purchases, clubbing etc. I also have no premium card so after 2 years I didn’t pay anything for N26’s services.

Consider that closing down your account doesn’t mean that they steal your money. They’ll always send back the money after they close down your account (even if it’s for crypto related topics).

One big disadvantage is that your account will never be verified so you’ll never be able to buy more than 0.01 BTC. The reason for that is that there are simply no verified accounts. Would be cool if there would be a solution for that problem because after 30 successful trades it should be standardized that you are verified.

Maybe this fixes this issue, as N26 accounts need your name.

1 Like

Very good topic and it is worth keeping it alive.
My experience with revolut: After a few months using it happily, it all came to an end when I was unable to access my funds. A couple of months of unsuccesfull chat complaints fed me up. Locked funds were around 800€. Then, six months later, without any notice, I was able to access again. Obviously I transfered them back instantly to my SEPA account and finished with Revolut. As sugested before, I blame the whole thing with pressures from regulators. Regards

Summary

This text will be hidden

Summary

This text will be hidden

To ensure the privacy and security of our customers, we are required to conduct regular checks on accounts and transactions.

We regret to inform you that, after an internal review, we have decided to terminate our business relationship with you in accordance with clause 19.1 of our Terms and Conditions.

This termination will take effect on the following date: …

Your account will remain functional until the specified date. The use of the account, the app as well as the card issued with it is no longer possible after the termination.

Please transfer your remaining money to another bank account before the cancellation date. If you cannot transfer it yourself, please provide us with the IBAN and BIC of an alternative bank account where you are the account holder and we will transfer the amount to you. In order for us to verify that this is your bank account, please send us a copy of a bank statement with your name on it.

If you have overdrawn your allowed account limit, please transfer money to your account to balance it before the day of account closure.

Thank you for your understanding.

One last thing: Please make sure you have downloaded your N26 data or statement of charges. You can request them at any time up to six months after account closure. We recommend you better do it right away so you don’t forget.

Sincerely yours,
N26 Bank

this fixes this issue, as N26 accounts need your name.

no, moneybeam n26 accounts needs email address only. no names.

Yes as a seller you do see the buyers name on the received payment.