New version released: 0.5.2

New version 0.5.2 is released: https://bisq.io/downloads

This release removes the requirement for exchanging the email address and to do an ID check with the trading peer when using payment methods with bank transfer.
See the discussion at that forum post for more background.

Beside that we added an in-app downloader and signature check, so the next release you can download from the application and you can be sure that the signature matches.

Release notes:

• Remove requirement for exchanging the email address and to do an ID check with the trading peer when using payment methods with bank transfer
  • Add in-app downloader for installer of a new release with integrated signature check
  • Increase trade limits to 2 BTC for OK_PAY and Altcoins
  • Add Dash as additional basecurrency to Bitcoin, Litecoin and Doge.
  • Fix issue with non-english OS
  • Add a reminder to write down the wallet seed and make a backup before setting the wallet password
  • Rename ClearXChange to Zelle
  • Improve build setup (auto install protoc)
  • Fix date format
  • Only request restart at base currency selection if it has changed from default.
  • Remove popup at startup for selecting base currency

Security deposit has disappeared in upgrade from 0.5.1 - 0.5.2.
Please help

Manfred, just installed 0.5.2 on Ubuntu 64-bit and it looks like my 0.5.1 wallet was overwritten. My balance shows 0.0

I had 2 open trades and my balance about 0.5 btc are disappeared after the update from 0.5.1 to 0.5.2.
Linux Mint 18.2 64x

I tried to recover my funds with the seed+date but doesn’t work, why? Is the seed+date not enough?

Ah damn! I renamed “bisq” to “Bisq” as app name and that is used for the data directory as well. so you have the old version in the “bisq” app dir and the new fresh one in “Bisq”.

If you have not done anything on the new (empty version) you can simply move over the content form the older folder (“bisq”) to the new one (“Bisq”).

Other option is to start with that prog. argument: --appName=bisq

I will look into it how I can fix that…

Thanks, the update 0.5.3 shows my balance again

1 Like