Newbie questions for version 1.5.1

Hi there,
I finally made a successsful trade but it didn’t exactly go without any problems. ;-(

I set an offer to buy BTC via SEPA payment. I understand that being new and not being ‘signed’ yet, its harder to find a trade peer so I increased my bid but it still took more than a week.

So I was super happy to finally get my trade confirmed, transferred the money right away, clicked on ‘payment sent’ and the system replied: “Message of payment sent but not yet recieved by peer”… This remained for a couple of days.
Bisq asked to repeat “Payment Sent”.

I rebooted several times, reset the SPV files, contacted the seller through the Chat messenger… NOTHING… No replies from the seller either.

Right after the payment period of 6 days expired I suddenly got my BTC!
It seems it worked out in the end but it was a frustrating 6 days, especially as a first-time user! I was about to give up on Bisq.

Also, the fact that the Chat service doesn’t seem to work (or the seller doesn’t want to reply), doesn’t help either.
I hope this gets fixed as it doesn’t inspire confidence.

So I have a couple of questions I can’t seem to find the answers to on the board. Maybe someone here can help?

1. As you can see from my post, it was quite frustrating. For 6 days I wasn’t sure whether I had lost my money or the system wasn’t working. Also the Chat Service doen’t seem to work.
    Are these bugs in 1.5.1? Are they planning to be fixed?
    Did I do something wrong?

2. My ‘payment account’ age is 10 days now, I’ve placed 2 successful trades but my account still hasn’t been signed… When will that happen? Is there anything I can do?

3 It seems one can only buy and sell BTC with Fiat currency?
Can I buy XRP using Fiat currency on Bisq? It’s the 3rd largest crypto by market cap.

Thank you very much!

1. Looks like you have traded with an unresponsive trader. Chat might fail sometimes, but I’m more inclined to think it was someone who did not want to reply. It’s ok for your peer to not reply, although frustrating, as you point. Specially if trade is stuck.
  2. It looks like your account has not been signed, sorry. You can check that at Accounts > National Payment and click your account and scroll down to Signing account status.
    You have taken an offer. Best way to make sure your account is signed is to pick an offer and make sure it can sign other accounts. It’s displayed “signed since” column at the “buy bitcoin” tab, marked with a “tick”.
    imagen
    Created offers can be taken by unsigned accounts. The offer must be over 0.0025 BTC.
  3. BTC is the trading pair for fiat and altcoins. XRP is not listed at Bisq.