Paying fees for timeout errors

Hi everyone,

While using Bisq for the first time and trying to create a ‘new offer to sell BTC for EUR’ I got a timeout error that basically rounded down my available BTC balance to three decimal places.

I’m talking about 0.0001192 BTC that magically disappeared… I’m sure most people wouldn’t bother to complain about losing around 1 EUR, but for me this almost seems like a matter of principle.

I can’t open a dispute with cmd+o because I have no trade IDs in the portfolio, so my only option was to create a username with my email and log in to the Bisq (or should it be GitHub?) community.

This of course reduces my anonymity and defeats the whole purpose of supporting a platform such as Bisq. If want to be charged by random fees, lose my privacy and waste time dealing with customer support bureaucracy, I might as well use a regular bank account with fiat money.

Anyway, apparently the maker fee is now missing. How can I get the fee back? Do I need to post a screenshot, log, address? Should I wait to be contacted by someone who can evaluate my claim?

Furthermore, if I try to create a ‘new offer to sell BTC for EUR’, what’s the probability of this happening again? 1 in 10? 1 in 100? 1 in a 1000…?