Payment account question/suggestion

Hi,

1- I have two payment accounts for Brazilian National Bank Transfer added on Bitsquare.
2- I accepted an offer of selling bitcoins and clicked next (I didn’t choose the correct payment account on payment info)
3- The payment account that was selected is from my bank account that have no more limits to transfer this month.
4- I will do a transfer from my other bank account that is not on the contract. Will I have problems?

Suggestion: If users have more than one bank account, I think Bitsquare should allow select the two or more.

Your case makes me think if it should a more active decision which payment account you choose.

Strictly speaking, you’re breaking the contract by using a different bank account and therefore won’t receive btc + security deposit. You really shouldn’t do that.

1. Your best way to solve that is that you transfer funds to the correct bank account an pay from there, if that is possible.

2. Otherwise you can pay from the ‘wrong’ bank account and ‘hope’ that the seller doesn’t care and ‘confirms payment received’. But you have to notice that sellers are advised to not confirm if they receive money from a different acount as there is a chance it’s a scam attempt.

Hi,

I paid with a different bank and he released the bitcoins.
But I think something should be done by Bitsquare devs to avoild this kind of things. As I said, maybe add more than one bank account on contract.

Obs: I really didn’t know if the trade goes to disput, I’ll lose it.

Something should be done to improve this.

Thanks

I agree. It should be very clear which bank account you use.

You gotta understand that there are attacks (Man in the middle attacks) where the attacker tricks one person into paying for bitcoins the attacker receives. Therefore sellers shall only accept payments from specified accounts, using a distinct ‘reason for payment’.

Right now, there are no (as far as I know) scammers at bitsquare but it might become a problem in the future.

By the way, it’s the same procedure at other trading platforms. The process is very similar at bitcoin.de, for example.

Nevertheless, I’m glad it worked out for you as I’m sure you have no bad intentions.

Good point. Recently someone took my sell offer and it didn’t even occur to me to check bank details. I just looked at the trade ID and the amount in the incoming bank transfer, it matched and I released the BTC.

But I could see attacker A opening an account on Bitsquare, somehow finding a bitcoin buyer B elsewhere (LocalBitcoins, Craigslist, …) and at the same time accepting an offer from a bitcoin seller S on Bitsquare. Then A gets the bank details from S and gives those details to B to pay for the fake purchase from A. B thinks he is paying A, but in reality pays S, S receives payment and releases bitcoin to A.

So it’s important for S to see that the incoming transaction is, in fact, from A and not from B. However, since bank details are not verified on Bitsquare, what would prevent A from asking B about his banking details (“make sure I can match your incoming transfer”) and enter B’s details as his own on Bitsquare?

Risk by man-in-the-middle-attack is being adressed on Github.

In the upcoming version there is the bank details of the sender displayed at the confirm popup with an extra emphisis to only confirm payments if the bank details are matching.

Some banks show the tax registration number of the source of a transfer, which has gone through identity verification by the bank. Once you had a successful trade with someone, it should be enough to check for that number in subsequent trades, even with different bank accounts. Of course, this procedure is useless in the first trade.

On which country do you refer? In Europe (SEPA) I never saw any tax number.