Perform transactions on behalf of others

Another question: soon I’ll have to buy crypto for different friends and relatives. It is very unconvenient to me to add every new account for them, because if I do it, I should then wait long time to be verified as mine, before I can make “serious” purchases.
I therefore ask myself, if I warned in advance and asked the counterpart if he agrees, can I send my money from an account registered to another person compared to what will appear written on his screen? In any case, I would carry out the aforementioned payments with the exactly same payment method entered initially in the offer.
If the answer is not, what is the reason for which it is forbidden?

Thank you in advance.

Hi you would need to create a payment account for each individual bank account you wanted to trade with on Bisq.

You cannot trade with your own payment account and send money from another payment account. The reason for this is to prevent fraud like a man in the middle attack Man-in-the-middle attack - Wikipedia

Giving everyone their own payment account and paying from the correct associated payment account is fine.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer!
But I would like to better understand the reason for this rule. Above all I would like to understand if this behavior could harm me or to the counterpart, because it is not clear to me.
It would be really very annoying if I have to add an account for each person for which I buy cryptos on Bisq, consequently, if me and my counterpart are agree that they arrive money from different name and surname, I don’t see what the problem may be. And I’m not asking for a controversy, I would just like to understand.

Account signing reduces the risk of chargeback and MITM scams and it’s enforced for every payment account since Bisq consider every account independently of who uses that Tor address.

If you agree with your peer to use a different payment account than the one at Bisq, your peer is risking to suffer a chargeback or MITM attack. But also, as you would be breaking the trading protocol, you are risking that your peer betrays you and starts a dispute because you have sent a payment using a different payment account.

1 Like

It only takes a few seconds to add a new payment method.

All the accounts require to be signed individually (assuming they are in different names). This means all accounts will have to make small trades first. This increases the chance that the trader is in control of all accounts listed and reduces the chance of any fraud occurring.

Hi guys!
First of all, I apologize for the delay of my reply and thank you for yours.
I forgot, in posting my question, to specify that the accounts of friends and relatives in question would be TransferWise (now Wise), therefore there would be no risk of chargeback (correct me if I’m wrong).
You wrote me that I can risk the other party opening a mediation because the money came from a different name. My question is: if my counterpart has agreed from the beginning to receive money from another name, what gives them the right to open a dispute? Can’t the mediator just read the two parties’ past chat and verify that he has actually accepted this condition?

Hi guys!
First of all, I apologize for the delay in my reply and thank you for yours.
Of course, opening an account takes very little time and very little effort, but in fact I was not referring to this. I meant that, in order to have the aforementioned accounts completely “operational” (therefore able to make “important” purchases), I would have to wait months for each of them. My initial question arose from the fact that I would like to be able to take advantage of my accounts already signed for some time and with a good reputation to make purchases also in the name of others, without having to register each of their accounts, having to make a small purchase, and finally having to wait a long time.

Mediator have no access to trader’s chat, or a way to verify that conversation.

[quote=“Lung, post:6, topic:10702”]
the accounts of friends and relatives in question would be TransferWise (now Wise), therefore there would be no risk of chargeback (correct me if I’m wrong).
[/quote] Payment methods with no chargeback risk doesn’t need to be signed, they start with the maximum buying limit. Payment methods - Bisq Wiki.

There’s no need to wait to get your limits lifted for Wise.

“Reputation” at Bisq only affects to traders who you have interacted in the past, and not on the payment account level but on your onion address. So maybe your seller notice that you have a different account, but it should be ok anyway.

The problem is that I create my own Wise accounts like SEPA, rather than as TransferWise. This because I noticed that there are no volumes for TransferWise on Bisq: time ago I concluded within a couple of weeks 4 transactions of 10k EUR each through SEPA (paying with Wise), while I had to, in the same period of time and in the same moment, cancel a 10k EUR purchase offer published by selecting TransferWise as a payment method, because no one accepted it. I hope I made me understand with all this round of words…
After a bit of transactions on Bisq, I realized that if I used Wise (however, I recorded like SEPA, rather than as TransferWise), I would be able to find sellers much more easily.
The accounts in question that I have to create are yes of Wise, but recorded as SEPA, and here I should wait too long for each of them.

Cabbage, I was convinced that the mediator had access to the chat of the two counterparts. So every time I asked my counterpart if he agreed that I wrote something in the description of the payment, I could have incurring problems since I would not have been able to demonstrate the fact that my counterpart agreed, right?

Yes, you need to be careful on the chat because screenshots are not a solid proof.

If you use your Wise account to send a SEPA, then your payment method is SEPA and all the security measures (account limits) will be applied.
You need to use the Wise payment method and send internal Wise transactions, which as you have noticed has not much volume yet.

Forgive me if I insist, but it would be wonderful if the SEPA accounts registered with Wise’s IBAN were recognized by the system as TransferWise and not as SEPA (so that they can be used immediately to the fullest extent possible). Could it be possible to implement this function? I am willing to make a monetary contribution, perhaps in BSQ, to see this opportunity realized. Please!

Check out TransferWise / Wise Bisq wiki: TransferWise - Bisq Wiki

There is already an option to trade using Transferwise.

Not sure how SEPA payment methods using the BE IBAN account showing as TransferWise would help.

You can also add the BE IBAN as a SEPA Instant payment method.

So if you have a TransferWise / Wise account you can have the following associated payment methods:

• Transferwise - TransferWise
  • SEPA
  • SEPA Instant

First of all thanks for the link and for the answer!
However, I would like to try to explain myself further to better understand what I mean.
Currently on Bisq there are, in other words, two types of payment accounts: those considered less “risky” which do not require a level of reliability, can be used to their full capacity right away and do not require to be signed. And then there are the others, including, the most used, SEPA.
I buy cryptocurrencies on behalf of friends and relatives using Bisq and using their Wise account. By simply using Wise on Bisq, and then registering the relevant account in the form of TransferWise, there is unfortunately no market. I am therefore forced, to continue with my small business, to register a SEPA account with Wise IBAN for each of my “customers”. For a while I made it fit like this, but now this thing is starting to give me big problems. Why am I saying this? Because although we are talking about Wise, therefore a payment method considered safe, which has no chargeback and which is extremely fast, it is “rightly” recognized by the Bisq system as a common SEPA account (when it is not). The problem is that I cannot make a signed purchase for each of my customers’ SEPA Wise accounts and have each of them wait 1-2 months before I can make “reasonable” purchases on their behalf.
What I would like then is:

1. That the SEPA accounts with IBAN Wise that I register on Bisq are recognized as TransferWise and that they can therefore be used to their full potential right away.
  2. That these accounts appear in the eyes of anyone who browses the list of offers to buy and sell on Bisq as normal SEPA accounts, without any particular wording. This is because any other writing / nomenclature could make the counterpart think “I don’t have this method of payment / collection of money” thus cutting me a huge chunk of possible buyers / sellers.

Bisq currently suffers from two problems from my point of view: the few users and the few volumes.
Unfortunately for the first I can’t help, but for the second yes: up to now my small business has allowed me to make purchases on Bisq for just under € 100k (whose commissions I have always paid in BSQ), but right now I find myself a little cornered. If instead this change were applied I could start moving much higher volumes.
Consequently, I renew my requests and reconfirm the fact that to see them realized I am willing to pay.
Thanks for reading this far and for your valuable support!

Hi Lung

Thanks for the follow up. Here are some answers to your questions:

I buy cryptocurrencies on behalf of friends and relatives using Bisq and using their Wise account. By simply using Wise on Bisq, and then registering the relevant account in the form of TransferWise, there is unfortunately no market. I am therefore forced, to continue with my small business, to register a SEPA account with Wise IBAN for each of my “customers”. For a while I made it fit like this, but now this thing is starting to give me big problems.

What problems are you having with this? When you create the account you can give each one a unique name to make it clear whos account it is.

Why am I saying this? Because although we are talking about Wise, therefore a payment method considered safe, which has no chargeback and which is extremely fast, it is “rightly” recognized by the Bisq system as a common SEPA account (when it is not). The problem is that I cannot make a signed purchase for each of my customers’ SEPA Wise accounts and have each of them wait 1-2 months before I can make “reasonable” purchases on their behalf.

Each account should be signed individually. The signed status is for the account not the trader. If you are buying funds on behalf of others they should each go through the signed process. The risk of chargeback is higher when a user is not making their own trades.

1. That the SEPA accounts with IBAN Wise that I register on Bisq are recognized as TransferWise and that they can therefore be used to their full potential right away.

They would each need to be signed.

1. That these accounts appear in the eyes of anyone who browses the list of offers to buy and sell on Bisq as normal SEPA accounts, without any particular wording. This is because any other writing / nomenclature could make the counterpart think “I don’t have this method of payment / collection of money” thus cutting me a huge chunk of possible buyers / sellers.

You can add each Wise account as a SEPA account and a SEPA instant account. Just need to use the IBAN / BIC associated with that account.