Revolut usernames

Hello,

Just wanted to post a suggestion for a possible improvement on the revolut payment method option. I have found on a few occasions that users aren’t able to find me with the phone number that I have listed, even though it is the correct number that is linked my revolut account. The revolut app also provides each user with a unique username which you can then search for in the revolut app and initiate a payment.

Would it be possible to include an option where you could include your revolut username in the revolut payment account on bisq?

2 Likes

This is a new feature and it’s been studied to make it into the data for the Bisq account. The wiki page has been created recently and it’s reflecting the possibility of using usernames.

2 Likes

Should the user name include the leading @ character or not when adding a Revolut account to bisq?

It would be nice to know this beforehand because it is not possible to edit it afterwards.

Maybe this information could also be added to the wiki page, too?

I don’t know, but does it matter? I don’t think it’s needed because when you have to make the payment, the @ is implicit.
For Bisq, if both are accepted (with or without @) I would keep it.

It’s more important to me to note that it’s case sensitive.

2 Likes

Hello again,

must the @ character be included in the bisq username ??

I am awaiting for a bisq - revolut payment…

thanks

I reply myself, as I received payment successfully without having the @ before my username!

1 Like

so I have to send payment to a User’s revolut account. But, he doesn’t include a valid username, and the tel. number given does not match with an active Rev. account on the app (there is no ‘R’ next to the tel. number contact). I’m not going to send funds to a random tel. number (yes Revolut lets you do this in theory)… if I can’t see he has an active Rev profile etc.

anyone got any suggestions?

1 Like

Did you also post in a different thread?

I’d try to reach out via chat, if he does not answer. Start a mediation, if there’s missing or none matching info you should not proceed.