Scared I am stuck in a risky trade, can I cancel?

Hi there,
I submitted an order to buy BTC and it was for a range, and the deposit was 50% of the low end of the range but the other party took the trade for the max, so now the deposit is only 20% of the whole trade value. I am looking at this trader and I never traded with them before and they are not signed, …I’m scared. What if I send them the money and they just walk away and I only get the 20% after arbitration? This is a pretty big amount. Can I cancel this trade? If I do that, do I risk losing my deposit?

Thanks

Hi @coyote welcome to Bisq.

No need to be worried.

The security deposit and mult-sig combination Bisq uses is very strong and means that scammers stay away from Bisq.

I submitted an order to buy BTC and it was for a range, and the deposit was 50% of the low end of the range but the other party took the trade for the max, so now the deposit is only 20% of the whole trade value.

I am looking at this trader and I never traded with them before and they are not signed, …I’m scared.

No need to be scared. Not all traders are signed, especially new ones.

What if I send them the money and they just walk away and I only get the 20% after arbitration?

You would get:

• You deposit: 20%
  • Their deposit: 20%
  • And the trade amount: 100%

So if they walk away you will get everything, pretty much. This makes them likely not to walk away and complete trade when you have sent the funds.

This is a pretty big amount. Can I cancel this trade? If I do that, do I risk losing my deposit?

If you cancel you lose 20% (your security deposit). No need to cancel. Bisq makes it safe to trade with strangers on the internet :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome, thank you for the reply. I proceeded with the trade.

1 Like