Security, paranoia, politics and trust

Thanks @ManfredKarrer , I am busy looking and getting to understand the DAO better. Given what you have already done, I have every faith in it’s objectives and the standing of every human individual (including arbitrators).

The point I am making here is more blunt and my apologies for its crudeness: If I can figure out who arbitrator XYZ is from the forum, who they are in the real world and their role in the project, what could a malicious player do with that? Does XYZ have children? Maybe personal secrets?

These things are so far beyond the value of BSQ that they could pose a systemic risk to the project. It will be way better if arbitrators remain anonymous (as policy) and the forum is not used to discuss private details of contracts. (I feel this is also an ethical responsibility)

This however means that the technical aspect of the in-app communication MUST be 100% trustworthy. There is more than one known instance where this has malfunctioned: Help! trade has ended 6 days ago, no seller confirmation & non-existent Arbitrator , and all credit due that all is being done to fix it. It is now however a matter of trust that the userbase are assured that it is fixed and will never happen again - or that it is an ongoing problem with regular updates on progress.