Seller says my payment got their Zelle account banned

I am a relatively new Bisq user, so apologies if this is not the right place to ask for help. I did not see an option to ask for mediation on a transaction that is still in progress.

I created an offer to buy BTC and a user accepted. I sent a Zelle payment and also a chat message letting them know that I sent payment. I also received an email confirmation from my bank that the Zelle payment was sent.

The user replied “I’m not sure what you are doing over there but this got my Zelle permanently banned.” I’m not sure how this could be possible as all I did was send money and my accouunt is in good standing. I asked if they could call Zelle support and received the reply “If you sent the money the rep said to call your bank and it won’t be refunded to you for 14 days.”

Both of us are obviously frustrated. What is the best way to proceed here?

Hi @outerwestside thanks for your post.

To open mediation on a trade in progress you can select the trade and press ‘Ctrl + o’ or ‘alt + o’ or ‘cmd + o’.

The user replied “I’m not sure what you are doing over there but this got my Zelle permanently banned.” I’m not sure how this could be possible as all I did was send money and my accouunt is in good standing. I asked if they could call Zelle support and received the reply “If you sent the money the rep said to call your bank and it won’t be refunded to you for 14 days.”

This sounds strange. Most trades on Zelle complete without issue. Sorry that you have run into problems. I would recommend opening mediation.