I created an Bisq account this morning. I attempted to deposit BTC into the Bisq account from CEX.io. Successful withdrawal from CEX.

However, the Bisq status is still “waiting confirmation”, it’s been unconfirmed for 7 hours now.

I am a newbie, so I apologize, but what are my options here? Am I missing some steps?

The funds show as 0.00 Balance in BTC… Can I cancel this transaction?

Thank you.

First thing you should do is find out is the Bitcoin transaction confirmed on the blockchain. If it isn’t then there is nothing Bisq can do here. You will need transaction id and with a help of a block explorer you will be able to see the status of your transaction.

Ok, I checked that out on blocktrail.com

Searching the Transaction ID, it comes up as UNCONFIRMED,

That means that those bitcoins never reached your Bisq wallet, you will either have to wait or try increasing the fees. If you are not in a hurry, then waiting would be the simpler option of course, but if the fee is very small (you can check bitcoinfees.earn.com for references) then you might be waiting to long and will either do a double spend (like that transaction was never made) or using a method like CPFP to bump up the fees to get it confirmed faster.